[Support] binhex - Krusader

22 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

In Linux, directories that begin with a dot (.) are considered to be hidden directories.  Also, a Linux directory must have the "execute" attribute turned on to be browse-able. (i.e., to be able to list the contents of the directory.)  I suspect that they are housekeeping files and directories used by the Apple OS and for internal use by other programs.   

I am not an Apple user but I would suggest that you use Google (Google is your friend if you have to support different computing environments..) and see if you can find out what these contents of these directories are.  I know that the Apple OS's are based on UNIX and the file permissions are probably very similar.  What you have run into is always an issue when you mount a disk using a 'foreign' format on another OS.   

One thing to try is to copy these files/directories to your server using SMB from an Apple computer.  You have done the heavy lifting by getting the data files across.  The permissions will probably get converted as they come across...

Thank you for your thorough answer. Indeed both Linux and Mac since they are both Unix based share a lot in file structure and permissions. I managed to make the copy but today one designer noticed that (even the copy finished without errors) some or many fonts had been transferred only as a name and not actual size (zero bytes) and In-design couldn't handle the lettering inside the photos. He ll try again to copy them over the network but it s going to take at least 1 and a half day.....I don't know if that is Krusaders problem or not... but it should have pop up a warning message of the unknown reason it couldn't transfer correctly those files. SMB has for sure problem transferring files with old - long file names (see that happening many times)

Thank you again though

1 hour ago, ieronymous said:

transferred only as a name and not actual size (zero bytes)

This is a common symptom of mixing disks and user shares when moving/copying files. You should only move/copy from user share to user share (or from disk to disk) and never mix them. Linux doesn't know that a user share path and a disk path might actually be the same file, so it tries to overwrite the file it is trying to read.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

This is a common symptom of mixing disks and user shares when moving/copying files. You should only move/copy from user share to user share (or from disk to disk) and never mix them. Linux doesn't know that a user share path and a disk path might actually be the same file, so it tries to overwrite the file it is trying to read.

The file transfer was from disk to disk, so I don't think this is the issue here....

Hello

Coming back again with same issue since I cant resolve the basic function of the nas to somehow correctly copy the files at first place in order to keep them safe and share them.

So been trying for several days now  to copy over an external hfs+ hdd to the unraid array shared folder a total amount of 1.3tb. Since the folders and files are hundreds of thousands i go folder - folder. Noticed though upon checking the total file size after copy completion that its not the same (from some kilobytes to some megs some times) Other thing I noticed is that it doesnt copy correctly the r,w,x attributes of folder and filed and compare function of Krusader isnt so helpful with its merge capability. Any thoughts of how i could make an accurate transfer of the data to the unraid ??

PS I also tried copy from a mac directly attaching the external hdd to it instead of the nas (and not using Krusader) but i have again the same behavior of different total sizes between 2 folders. Am I missing something here?

Edited by ieronymous
2 hours ago, ieronymous said:

Hello

Coming back again with same issue since I cant resolve the basic function of the nas to somehow correctly copy the files at first place in order to keep them safe and share them.

So been trying for several days now  to copy over an external hfs+ hdd to the unraid array shared folder a total amount of 1.3tb. Since the folders and files are hundreds of thousands i go folder - folder. Noticed though upon checking the total file size after copy completion that its not the same (from some kilobytes to some megs some times) Other thing I noticed is that it doesnt copy correctly the r,w,x attributes of folder and filed and compare function of Krusader isnt so helpful with its merge capability. Any thoughts of how i could make an accurate transfer of the data to the unraid ??

PS I also tried copy from a mac directly attaching the external hdd to it instead of the nas (and not using Krusader) but i have again the same behavior of different total sizes between 2 folders. Am I missing something here?

Just had an epiphany..... I m seeing the total file size from 2 different sources each with different file system, one from the external hfs+ and the other from inside the array with xfs. So isnt correct that I m seeing different file sizes? Then again found some folders with hundreds of files inside and had exactly the same file size,...... pf........

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for a great product.  Secondly, is there a way in Krusader to show a "branch" view - ie all of the files in subfolders, without showing the subfolders themselves?  I'm trying to copy movies out of a set of folders and subfolders created by iTunes and right now it looks like I will have to do this one by one.

Thanks!

I had to reinstall my cache pool of ssds this week, and i didnt have a backup saved since it was setup as raid 0.

I reinstalled Krusader, however everytime i launch it, it prompts me a bunch of windows thinking its being setup for the first time, not sure what to try to fix it, so i attached my logs if you could take a peek.

Thanks in advanced!

~Acps

unraid-diagnostics-20190506-2052-06MAY19.zip krusader-binhex-logs-06MAY19.zip

10 hours ago, trurl said:

Post diagnostics

Hi trurl,

Here it is:

Pulling image: binhex/arch-krusader:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from binhex/arch-krusader. 
IMAGE ID [22244236f553]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 656 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [6c1d8bd44355]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 5 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [6cc4d86ea9ca]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 99 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [f05c437884d0]: Pulling fs layer. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [4b12aa7a512b]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [90236c47a3d5]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 168 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [33aaeb2eadaf]: Pulling fs layer. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [15a3d58300e8]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [7445d0565b8e]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 1019 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [55d5b196cdc8]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 7 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete. 
IMAGE ID [35f3a0aceaf6]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 203 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. 
IMAGE ID [6497eb1aba75]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 3 KB. Download complete. 
IMAGE ID [687f6fd87943]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 1 KB. Download complete. 
IMAGE ID [c8166650c2bb]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 263 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. 

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 733 MB

Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: write /usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/__pycache__/base_subprocess.cpython-37.pyc: no space left on device

19 hours ago, nordika said:

Anyone, please ???

47 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I believe @trurl  wanted these Diagnostics:   Tools   >>>  Diagnostics    Upload the resulting zip file in a new post

Sorry. Yes, go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post. I usually spell it out just like that but since you have been around a while I assumed you would know what I meant.

2 hours ago, nordika said:

Just increased docker image and installed Krusader without further issue.

I think you're the only person I ever recommended increasing docker image.

Usually what I see is people increasing docker image to much more than 20G because they are filling it up. That is the wrong solution to filling docker image, it just makes it take longer to fill.

If you ever find you are filling docker image, you almost certainly have some app misconfigured so it is writing to a path that isn't mapped. Let us know if you ever need help with that problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance, but what do I need to do to be able to access this container on Unraid server directly once I assign container a static IP with BR0? If I leave it as default Unraid IP I can access it "locally" but once I give Krusader a static IP I can remotely access it but not "locally" on unraid server? Suggestions or tips would be very appreciated; pardon my ignorance. 😞(Should also note I am assigning Krusader a IP in same range as Unraid box)

Edited by blaine07