[Support] binhex - Krusader

34 minutes ago, Buellguy99 said:

Would have been better if you had pasted the text instead of giving an image. I can't copy/paste anything from the image.

That doesn't look like the default settings for that container. It is fine to make some changes to the defaults if you have a reason to and you understand what it will do. In the case of some dockers you have to add some things to the default anyway to make it work.

But I don't understand what you are trying to do with this mapping:

-v '/mnt/user/appdata/kde':'/media':'-rw'

It should probably work that way anyway though, just not show you anything except that kde folder.

Did you actually try clicking on the Connect button?

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Would have been better if you had pasted the text instead of giving an image. I can't copy/paste anything from the image.

That doesn't look like the default settings for that container. It is fine to make some changes to the defaults if you have a reason to and you understand what it will do. In the case of some dockers you have to add some things to the default anyway to make it work.

But I don't understand what you are trying to do with this mapping:

-v '/mnt/user/appdata/kde':'/media':'-rw'

Lol Heck I don't know either! I'm going to take a break and learn some more. thank you for your help.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:32 AM, jonathanm said:

right click the main rar file, browse archive, copy wanted files to destination in other pane.

I'm having issues with this method for extracting files from a rar set. For some reason the extract starts fine, but randomly it will stop popping up a Information --- Krusader error dialog saying 'access denied' to the file within the rar set. Sometimes it seems to work with no issues, but most of the time it fails on a rar set that's larger than 4GB in size, for example one containing an iso file.

My Krusader log entries from an attempt made just a few minutes ago....

2019-08-22 13:19:53,732 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so' from launcher.
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so'

2019-08-22 13:19:53,740 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kio_krarc.so' from launcher.
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kio_krarc.so'

2019-08-22 13:20:28,795 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
kdeinit5: PID 225 terminated.

This has happened with many different rar sets in the past but I got around it by copying the rar set to another system and extracting there, then copy the extracted files back to my unRAID. Note that this occurs whether I try to extract to the array, to the cache or to an unassigned device (SSD or hard drive).

Any suggestions?

One other bug/minor annoyance. I use the 'Synchronze Folders...' function under the Tools menu to migrate data from outside the array. It works great and is easy to resume if you have to reboot or there's some sort of restart of Krusader/Docker. However, the window that opens always has the 'Name' field for the left pane expanded far out to the right, off the screen/window view.

I grab the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom and slide it all the way over to the right and then resize the left pane 'Name' field so that both it and the right pane headings are visible. I've tried resetting this and closing/exiting Krusader properly to save the settings (like it does for other Krusader windows) but it never works. This does appear to be an issue with the Docker container as Krusader on my Ubuntu system seems to work fine.

Similarly, any copy/move windows also open in a default location of the center of the screen, whereas I would like them to open off to the far right edge so my main Krusader window isn't obscured. Very minor issues, but would be nice if fixable.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:35 PM, Buellguy99 said:

Lol Heck I don't know either! I'm going to take a break and learn some more. thank you for your help.

So need some help still.

What should I look for to ensure a "websocket" has started and working and then noVNC is started and working. I have a new install and am unable to get krusader running. I think my setting for krusader are correct, but I really need exact instruction on what to look for. Please and thank you for any help

36 minutes ago, Buellguy99 said:

So need some help still.

What should I look for to ensure a "websocket" has started and working and then noVNC is started and working. I have a new install and am unable to get krusader running. I think my setting for krusader are correct, but I really need exact instruction on what to look for. Please and thank you for any help

Yep got it. I had firewall issues. I had to remove them completely to get it work.

• 3 weeks later...

Please excuse me if I have overlooked this issue, but I have looked.  

With the original Krusader, I could copy an entire file to another backup drive that was in unassigned or where ever and it was almost full (2tb free from 6tb drive) Krusader would ask to just over write or skip same named files. With this version, if I try to copy a folder it pops up with a red X stating drive is full. I have to copy half or a third of the files at a time for it to ask me to skip or over write..  Some times it's like I have to copy A-C, then D-G etc.  Am I missing a setting somewhere? 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

On 9/25/2019 at 6:04 AM, EdwardEnglish said:

Hello,

I have installed this with docker at my OMV and it works fine so far.

I got one question: How to change the resolution? I would like it a bit higher!

Thanks!

as the interface is shown via a web ui the easiest way to do this is simply to zoom in/out of the current tab using your web browsers zoom function, novnc is then clever enough to scale the image for you.

Hi ther I'm a silly windows user trying out unraid. I just installed this docker. 

Is there a how to for installing this the proper way.  

The docker is started and I can access the gui via vnc. So far so good but I'm stuck in a 20 GB folder and I can not access the main array. 

My research showed me to enter a path into the config page (host path /mnt/) but that didn't do the trick. 

I found the video on youtube but the unraid version he uses and the version of krusader are older than mine. 

I'm on the latest unraid build and downloaded the latest docker of krusader 

Thank you, your silly windows user .... 

Edited by BR0KK

You would have "mapped" the host path of /mnt/ to some container path (since it's binhex, probably /media).  So after its all up and running you navigate to the root, then media, then you'll see all the individual drives, and user.  user is the unRaid shares.

Tried to follow that but the part where he configures the docker container differs already in the first path he sets. 

This is how my docker looks....

http://krusaderdockerj7k9s.jpg

There is no "host path 1" but a "host path 2"wich poits to "/media" (--> is that the 20 GB volume im stuck in? I can't go up or out of that directory). 

This might sound silly but isn't there a written out How To to the newer krusader? 

Edited by BR0KK
17 minutes ago, BR0KK said:

There is no "host path 1" but a "host path 2"wich poits to "/media" (--> is that the 20 GB volume im stuck in? I can't go up or out of that directory). 

You have double left-click on the directory you want to be in.  The (   ..   ) is the parent directory of the current directory that you are in. 

By the way, I reconfigured my 'Host Path 2' as follows.   (I did not rename it so it might be a bit confusing.)  As I recall, this allowed me to get to more places that I wanted access to.  Of course, greater access means that I can do more damage if I am not careful...  😈

image.thumb.png.0fbd979b239bf5bf10676b33429e6172.png

EDIT: Please do not use http(s) links to photos (or files).  You can insert photos directly in the text box.  

Edited by Frank1940

Thanks verry much! now i can access my disks under custom path/media. 

I can see all my disks and the cache. 

Now i need to figure out how to actually move files accross them :) 

Does the array need to be stopped ?

As far as i found out /boot is where the flashdrive is mounted? That folder is empty in my Krusader. In the video above it contains folders and data. He just copies it accross to the array. 

When i initially set up unraid the gui told me that flash is shared and i disabled it accordingly (set to private). Is this wrong ? 

What i want to accomlish is to backup my flash drive to the array. My Flash drive is a cappy old 2 GB off brand thingie and has seen better days. 

Can i just shut down the array and make an image; say with acronis; of that drive and in case of failure restore this image onto a new flash drive (and transfer the key to the new devive id)?

I did download CA Backup but that's way to complicated right now :/ 

Silly me ... There is an actual button for this inside the flash share. So im safe for now.... now i need to tind out how to automate this :)

Edited by BR0KK

First thing.  Google  Krusader Manual

Second thing, NEVER copy between a User Share and a Disk Share!!!!   If you do, you will lose data because you will eventually copy a file onto itself!  If you want more details read here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/32836-user-share-copy-bug/?tab=comments#comment-316512

Third thing, The Krusader panel in noVNC Browser Tab is a typical Windows/MAC interface.  Almost everything you can do in either of those two OS's in a file manager, you can do in Krusader-- Drag-and-drop, Selecting a file/directory with a left-click and then right-click on on the selection will give you a dropdown menu.   Basically, you work between the two panels, you copy/move files between them.  The <Tab> key will take between the two panels. Clicking on the   ..   at the top of either window will take to the parent directory of the current directory until you get to the top of the tree.  Double left-clicking on a directory will open that directory.

48 minutes ago, BR0KK said:

Absolutely NOT!   Or you could not preserve parity. Remember, you are at the OS super-user level.  You can do anything and you won't be prompted "Are you sure?".  When you are using Krusader, it is assume that you know what you are doing.  You tell it to delete a file and it is gone...  (Of course, the way it is setup, you can't get to the Unraid OS level only to the Krusader OS level.   So there is a bit of protection there but you still have access to all of the data files and, possibly, even to the Unraid flash drive.)  

20 hours ago, BR0KK said:

19 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Absolutely NOT!   Or you could not preserve parity.

Actually, stopping the array will disable the docker service, so there is no way Krusader could invalidate parity, since it won't be running with the array stopped.