[Support] binhex - Krusader

3 minutes ago, djvj said:

When trying to delete large files, like multiple gigabyte files, they won't delete. But when I delete smaller files, they delete fine. I'm not sure what the cutoff is between the 2, but I'll try a 14GB file, and nothing happens when I try to delete it. A small txt file, and no problem, deletes fine.

Permissions on everything are all 777.

When I used the other krusader docker, I never had this issue. I only recently switch to this flavor because the other gave me too many issues. How can I figure out what's causing this?

OTOH, I would guess that what Krusader is doing is moving the file to it's recycle bin (which is probably stored within the docker.img file).  I believe you can disable the recycle bin option in krusader

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Squid said:

OTOH, I would guess that what Krusader is doing is moving the file to it's recycle bin (which is probably stored within the docker.img file).  I believe you can disable the recycle bin option in krusader

That was it, thank you!!

On 4/17/2019 at 3:27 PM, unabletoconnect said:

Hello,

Is there anyway to configure krusader to not pre create the folders before the copy operation starts. I just found out that this causes unraid split level function to misbehave or be bypassed, resulting in a drive being completely filled up on a large media copy operation.

Is there any solution to this issue?

I just copied a large amount of media from my old NAS to new UNRAID share across 2 drives with high water setting. Due to the folders being made before data is copied the sever just completely filled one drive before moving to the second.

2 hours ago, aussie_huddo said:

Is there any solution to this issue?

I just copied a large amount of media from my old NAS to new UNRAID share across 2 drives with high water setting. Due to the folders being made before data is copied the sever just completely filled one drive before moving to the second.

Just use windows to copy then.  It sounds like you would be network bound anyways.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:51 PM, Squid said:

Just use windows to copy then.  It sounds like you would be network bound anyways.

I did copy a chunk of data from an external hard drive directly connected to the UNRAID server (had outgrown the NAS capacity sometime ago while saving for UNRAID). That is what made me notice the issue in the first place.

I appreciate your solution but it seems like this is a big issue with krusader that prevents it working well with UNRAID user shares and should be solved.

Edited by aussie_huddo
Noob question.. what's the difference between the Binhex Krusader and the... non-Binhex Krusader?
Not sure who authors the non binhex one, but no doubt it will be base image used and release mechanism, both of which are fairly unique to my images.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brisimmons105 said:

I've got a stupid question...I've recently added a few new disks to my array and I'm trying to move some files from my full disk 1 to my empty disk 2.

When using Krusader I just want to move the data from /mnt/disk1 to /mnt/disk2 correct?

I don't want to mess with the user share directories at all, right?

You can copy from a User Share to a User Share.  You can copy from Disk Share (i.e., /mnt/diskX) to Disk Share.  What you never, never, never want to do is to copy from a User Share to a Disk Share (or vice versa). 

In your case, it is safe to Copy(/Move) from Disk1 to Disk2.  Actually the 'Move' operation is probably your best choice in your situation as having duplicate files in a share can result in a some puzzling issues!

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, brisimmons105 said:

I'm moving files between two disks and my krusader speeds are all over the place.  Sometimes it's transferring at 175MBs then it slows down to a crawl, occasionally stalling then starting back up again.

Any ideas what could be happening? I've attached my diagnostics if that helps.

tower-diagnostics-20191205-1824.zip 97.62 kB · 0 downloads

Didn't notice any errors in syslog. Looks like you just added and formatted 2 new disks. Didn't look at SMART. Do you have any SMART warnings on Dashboard for any of your disks?

Disks 1,2 are very full and reiserfs. Moving files involves writes to the destination obviously, but it also writes to the source, since it has to delete the source file after it is copied to the destination. Possibly you are just seeing the expected inefficiencies of writing to full reiserfs disks.

If this is the wrong location to post this I apologized, but when I clicked on support it brought me here.  I an very new to Unraid and I'm giving it my best and it's still beating me, lol. I installed this docker a few days ago and it worked perfectly.  Now when I try to go into it all I get is a black screen taking up part of the screen and nothing else.  I have tried to update it and I have removed and reinstalled it as well as rebooted the server and all have not fixed it.  

Can anybody help point me in the direction of what I did wrong or how to fix this?

Krusader error.PNG

2 minutes ago, Arcadejunkie said:

If this is the wrong location to post this I apologized, but when I clicked on support it brought me here.  I an very new to Unraid and I'm giving it my best and it's still beating me, lol. I installed this docker a few days ago and it worked perfectly.  Now when I try to go into it all I get is a black screen taking up part of the screen and nothing else.  I have tried to update it and I have removed and reinstalled it as well as rebooted the server and all have not fixed it.  

Can anybody help point me in the direction of what I did wrong or how to fix this?

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Didn't notice any errors in syslog. Looks like you just added and formatted 2 new disks. Didn't look at SMART. Do you have any SMART warnings on Dashboard for any of your disks?

Disks 1,2 are very full and reiserfs. Moving files involves writes to the destination obviously, but it also writes to the source, since it has to delete the source file after it is copied to the destination. Possibly you are just seeing the expected inefficiencies of writing to full reiserfs disks.

Thanks, I'm actually moving from Disk 2 (very full) to Disk 5 (almost Empty).  No smarty warnings on any drives.

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Nothing obvious in those. Post docker run command as explained in the very first link in the Docker FAQ.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='krusader' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'USER_ID'='99' -e 'GROUP_ID'='100' -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1280' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='768' -e 'KEEP_APP_RUNNING'='1' -p '6080:5800/tcp' -p '6090:5900/tcp' -v '/mnt/disks/':'/unraid_unassigned_disks':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/user/':'/unraid_shares':'rw' -v '/boot/':'/unraid_flashdrive':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/krusader':'/config':'rw' 'djaydev/krusader' 

69bea31bf8f08be67fb1ee51cb9eefe17eb32943b08452f740b3c6c60aca05eb

The command finished successfully!

' 'djaydev/krusader' 
69bea31bf8f08be67fb1ee51cb9eefe17eb32943b08452f740b3c6c60aca05eb

The command finished successfully!

No idea who 'djaydev' is but you need to either find his support thread and post your issue on there, or switch to the binhex krusader image.

21 minutes ago, binhex said:

No idea who 'djaydev' is but you need to either find his support thread and post your issue on there, or switch to the binhex krusader image.

Not sure how I obtained this as I thought I got it from community apps.  However....got binhex and all is good....thx for the help....(I'll get this yet!)  lol

• Like 1
5 hours ago, binhex said:

He's one of your nemesis' and that flavour of Krusader is in CA using an alpine image to massively reduce it's size.

@Arcadejunkie  That support thread that his version takes you to is correct

Just tried a new install of that Krusader and it does indeed work fine.  Although for most people, using binhex's app is recommended due to his unparalleled support ethic.

5 hours ago, Arcadejunkie said:

Not sure how I obtained this as I thought I got it from community apps.  However....got binhex and all is good....thx for the help....(I'll get this yet!)  lol

You can always go directly to the correct support thread for any of your dockers by simply clicking on its icon on the Dashboard or Dockers page and selecting Support.

Noob here, I've done some reading but still not sure.  What kind of speed should expect when copying data into my array from a USB external drive?  When i built my ~20TB array it took about 30 hours and saw speeds from 100MB/s-200Mb/s.  Copying data from the USB drive to the Array is about 40MB/s.  Is this normal or have I screwed something up?  Guess I thought it would be faster since each drive by itself is 100MB-200MB/s using Crystal Disk Mark in windows.  Thanks in advance. 

439716131_Annotation2019-12-060104012.thumb.png.898f7cffe2e4a5a3b70b85f2021e8ce7.pngbinhexcrusader.thumb.png.b4ff4000354399ee9092b8fd8200eb97.png

unraidSysStats.thumb.png.dc2be7260b72142edfb5969b79488d72.png

nas4x12-diagnostics-20191206-2026.zip

26 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

This would be about right from my observation for USB2.  USB3 should be considerably higher.  Also File size has a lot to do with copy speeds.

Yeah its attached to a USB3 slot.  The USB external drive disk consistently got ~180Mbps on the same port under windows.  Makes me think something is up with my setup.

287730930_EMFZ_Try1USB_CDM7_50PctFull_1GiB(2).png.c813a1adea586cbf961cce2967e5f5d7.png