[Support] binhex - Krusader

how do you get the boot folder to show up in krusader.. I tried both krusader apps on unraid not sure which one you supposed to use or the difference between then

but I followed @SpaceInvaderOne setting up krusdaer  and mapping /FLASH to /boot   doesn't work.. when you set it up  pre launching krusader  you can see the folders inside boot... once you save and start the krusader app.. and goto /boot   no files are listed..  if you goto /FLASH    then I get the error    "error: can not open folder /FLASH"   is there something you need to do prior to space invaders video to display Boot folder?

21 hours ago, juan11perez said:

@binhex first thank you for providing and mainting this docker. I have a request for which I do not understand it's complexity so pardon me if it sounds cheeky. 

Would it be viable to add a straight webui interface to this docker? 

The image mentioned earlier (https://hub.docker.com/r/djaydev/krusader) does allow straight webui connection without vnc or anyhting else. However, it lacks some of the functionality present in your image. 

If this was a not overly complicated modification, it would be a welcome addition.

Thank you.

thats exactly the same as this one, it uses novnc (web version of vnc client) or alternatively traditional vnc client.

@binhex oh ok.. didn't know you could do vnc stuff... I always just goto unraid page,docker then click Open webgui.. same with other dockers I notice

2 kinds of plex server , and deluge  (don't use anymore just transmission)    is that the difference of the others  too  one offers vnc client and the other doesn't... as most times I read they say the same info  so I never know which to choose...  and there settings the same  sometimes slightly different

57 minutes ago, comet424 said:

same with other dockers I notice

2 kinds of plex server , and deluge  (don't use anymore just transmission)    is that the difference of the others  too  one offers vnc client and the other doesn't... as most times I read they say the same info  so I never know which to choose...  and there settings the same  sometimes slightly different

no, most apps do not offer vnc connectivity, its only required for gui apps (krusader, makemkv, handbrake, firefox etc), not applications with a web interface, so you will only see this option for a small proportion of docker images. 

16 minutes ago, juan11perez said:

@comet424 if you’re using the docker and want to see the boot dir you need to sert PID and GID to 0 (zero). Basically root acces.

@binhex thank you for your reply: as I said I don’t know enough. However on the other image when you go to iP:5800 you get the gui. No need to add html.? and the rest which I suspect is the reason it complicates the proxy server setup.

you can connect on:-

http://<ip address of your host>:<host port you have defined>/vnc.html

the rest of the url are auto reconnect options and such like and are optional, i reverse proxy this container using 'nginx proxy manager' docker image, works well for me.

1 minute ago, juan11perez said:

@binhex thank you. Can you please share your server block for nginx.

there is no defined block when using the 'nginx proxy manager', it does all the nginx config for you, its configured via web ui, so im not sure what configuration its actually generating at a nginx level, but i can tell you it works, maybe worth a play?, its a great docker image.

@binhex ok couple questions...  for the /flash /boot... ya I realize the boot is mapped as FLASH  and flash displays the files  by doung the 2 key* or PID PU to 0

but why is the /boot no files are displayed in krusdar  its hidden..  is it hidden for so you don't accidently delete files purpose?

and then ok so not vnc stuff for my question  

so for plex... there is 2 plexservers   one by  plexinc and one by binlinux.. yet the same one.. how do you know which one your supposed to use.. I seen that for a few different apps... same app   just by 2 different companies making the file I guess

which ones you supposed to use?  for future reference.. as for plex I  use  plexinc

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 12:32 PM, Frank1940 said:

I also added another Host Path to point to the Flash Drive.  There is a very good video on how to do this and further configure this Docker to be a very powerful and easy-to-use tool.  You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0XCFPAsWZE

[SOLVED - upon further reading I have discovered I need to set the user to root]

I’ve been trying to create the link to the flash drive using this video, but I get an error saying it can’t connect. Other links are working great. Is it a permissions problem. Do I need to set this docket as ‘privalidged’?

Edited by Keith Ellis
  • Like 1
On 11/27/2019 at 3:40 AM, opentoe said:

Using RC7 and getting this error on load up.

krusadererror.jpg

Also, I'm trying to use VNC Viewer to connect to the remote desktop. I put in "192.168.1.254:6080" and it will timeout. You are able to use the VNC Viewer on this, right?

Did you ever find a solutuon to running binhex-krusader in a VNC client?

Hi, so it seems like my docker is set to a "log on state". If I restart/stop the docker it will always come back to a state where I last had it once. I did connect it to one of my other computers and that's one of the panels it always connects back to. I've tried disconnecting from it (when I could haha), then navigating to my local folder and restarting/stopping it. But it always comes back to this state. Anything I can do so it doesn't try to connect to this computer and always leaves off where I last had it at? 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:55 PM, scooterbaga said:

Did anyone figure this out? Sorting by date is a mess.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:41 AM, tillkrueger said:

I added the [Locale] section to the kdeglobals config file, as per the instructions in one of the links that came up in the Google Search you so amusingly linked to, binhex, but can you or someone explain to me how I get the US date format, which is mm/dd/yyyy, or even better yet yyyy/mm/dd? I tried changing DateFormatShort=%d %b/%y to DateFormatShort=%b %d/%y, but that didn't do anything for me after restarting Krusader. What is the correct syntax for yyyy/mm/dd ?

and is Country=us correct for USA?

On 12/5/2018 at 6:27 AM, binhex said:

i would try something like this to give you yyyy/mm/dd:-

DateFormatShort=%Y/%m/%d

or if that doesnt work try:-

DateFormatShort=% Y.% m.% d

ive concocted this based on linux date command, it may or may not work, man link here:- http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/date.1.html

sorry no idea on whether the Country is correct, but you could try en-us or en_us or simply us would be the things i would try.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:35 AM, tillkrueger said:

tried both of those ways of formatting the date, but no change when restarting Krusader.

I have USA as us already.

I'll put this on the back-burner for the moment, as it's not a show-stopper, but will come back to it when I have to.

thanks, binhex!

Is there a way to fix this in Krusader.  My date and time format on unraid are correct.  The directions weren't clear on how to change the date format.  It's getting confusing to try to reverse it from European format.1369544886_2020-01-2511_06_53-Tower_DateTime.thumb.png.5c4e5875adaadbd21426a7cdd3b28d5f.png

Edited by tr3bjockey
include response from a different post
On 1/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, opentoe said:

No, did not. I just stuck using the built-in GUI that runs off the docker page itself. I still haven't fixed that 'unable to save bookmarks' problem.

Setting the permissions for root access seems to have fixed the problems I was having with krusader opening everytime as if its the first time each time.

Can now save bookmarks etc, and the .config and .local files are there now. 

When I left the permissions as the default those files didn't exist as far as I can tell.

1452326139_ScreenShot2020-01-30at10_37_45PM.png.c94af5ef8b206d9f81c78b32fbe70188.png

• Thanks 1

HI Guys

I have just installed it and feel like there is a heavy drag on the mouse pointer!

I am on a Dell laptop and it is unusable it feels like i am dragging the mouse through mud.

Unless i am missing something or is there a setting to get it working please?

Edited by OsoPolar

So.... My docker has been working for a long while and now all of a sudden Krusader cannot move or create directories. I'm guessing it's a file permission issue. I did try this:

And that didn't work.

I'm on Unraid 6.7.0 and Krusader in the "help" menu shows version 2.7.2

This is the last thing in the docker log:

2020-02-09 10:42:45,741 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so' from launcher.
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so'

Where should I look next?

I noticed this when all of a sudden Sonarr couldn't see files that I had manually dumped into a series folder, even though Plex docker can. 

Edited by CowboyRedBeard

I have Krusader up and running on my Unraid server and have successfully added a password to access it. I'd now like to set up a reverse proxy so I can access it outside of my network.

I've added it as a proxy host in Nginx Proxy Manager via the usual process, but when accessing the URL through it's subdomain, it's taking me to the page below. Is there any special configuration needed to access it via NPM?

Krusader Error.png

Edited by HALPtech
2 hours ago, HALPtech said:

I have Krusader up and running on my Unraid server and have successfully added a password to access it. I'd now like to set up a reverse proxy so I can access it outside of my network.

I've added it as a proxy host in Nginx Proxy Manager via the usual process, but when accessing the URL through it's subdomain, it's taking me to the page below. Is there any special configuration needed to access it via NPM?

Krusader Error.png

make sure 'websocks support' is enabled, and ensure you are connecting to the right url, it should be something like this:-

https://<public hostname or ip>/vnc.html?resize=remote&host=<public hostname or ip>&port=443&autoconnect=1

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, binhex said:

make sure 'websocks support' is enabled, and ensure you are connecting to the right url, it should be something like this:-

https://<public hostname or ip>/vnc.html?resize=remote&host=<public hostname or ip>&port=443&autoconnect=1

That did it. Thanks so much for your help, and thanks for all the work you do on your containers - I use them whenever possible and they're all great!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  Was wondering if someone could do a sanity check on my config.  I've had some weird issues with my docker image filling up, and I believe this only happens when I leave krusader running for a long time.  Probably worth noting, every time I start krusader I get a notification that I can't save bookmarks to the home/nobody location.  I am wondering if this is resulting in tmp files being written elsewhere within the docker image.

krusader.PNG