[Support] binhex - Krusader

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 11:14 AM, binhex said:

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-krusader in the binhex repo.

So I did a really dumb thing today...

I accidentally changed /media in the container to /data (I thought it was wering seeing /media when it was all my user sahres, so I figured i'd make it something more logical).

After this it was doing the "Setting permissions recursively on volume mappings..." for about 5-10 minutes before I realized something was off and stopped the container. 

I then realized in the dockerfile that you map /data...

# map /data to host defined config path (used to store data from app) VOLUME /data

How bad is this? What kind of damage could it have done? Since it was my /mnt/user/ dirdrectory I assume it would have just been going in alphabetical order, in my appdata first, then my backups, then my emulation folder (with thousands of ROMS). 

I have backups of everything in the first two folders but I'm not sure what kind of dmage it could ahve done, if any.

Any assistance here on what I should check if anything would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

How bad is this?

to confirm, what @Squid said, the only damage done by this is a chown and chmod for the currently selected user via your PUID and PGID values, which are probably 99 and 100 respectively, which means user 'nobody' group 'users' is now the owner of everything in /data, which is most probably fine, unless you are using special named accounts for your file permissions (unlikely).

run new perms as squid suggested if you want to ensure everything is back to normal but i seriously wouldnt loose sleep over this.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

to confirm, what @Squid said, the only damage done by this is a chown and chmod for the currently selected user via your PUID and PGID values, which are probably 99 and 100 respectively, which means user 'nobody' group 'users' is now the owner of everything in /data, which is most probably fine, unless you are using special named accounts for your file permissions (unlikely).

run new perms as squid suggested if you want to ensure everything is back to normal but i seriously wouldnt loose sleep over this.

Thanks guys! :) I appreciate it. I guess the appdata share is what I was worried about being hit, but nothing seems to be broken or non-functioning at all so I think we're okay at this point. I'll run docker safe perms and let it ride. Thanks!

Any way to set the default folders that show in the GUI when the docker is started? 99% of my use is copying files from one folder to another and it would be nice to not have to back down through the root on each side every time.

26 minutes ago, BBLV said:

Any way to set the default folders that show in the GUI when the docker is started? 99% of my use is copying files from one folder to another and it would be nice to not have to back down through the root on each side every time.

Settings, configure krusader

10 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Settings, configure krusader

I've scoured the tabs in the Configure Krusader window and can't find a place to set the default view folders. The Startup tab's Startup Profile drop down menu doesn't let me select anything (it defaults to <Last session> and I can't figure out how to change it).

Edited by BBLV
9 minutes ago, BBLV said:

I've scoured the tabs in the Configure Krusader window and can't find a place to set the default view folders. The Startup tab's Startup Profile drop down menu doesn't let me select anything (it defaults to <Last session> and I can't figure out how to change it).

Set the folder views the way you want them, make sure it's set to save all the settings, then close it, open back up and it should be where you left it. UNCHECK the save settings on exit and last session, and it should always come up the way you saved it.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, mikela said:

I have several shares labeled as music, music1 and music2.  In order to consolidate my music for Roon, I moved music1 and music2 subtier to music.  Is it ok to move folders that are defined as shares?

If you put music1 and music2 as subfolders under music, then music1 and music2 become folders within the music share. and music1 and music2 will no longer be user shares themselves. Don't know if that is what you intend or not.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Set the folder views the way you want them, make sure it's set to save all the settings, then close it, open back up and it should be where you left it. UNCHECK the save settings on exit and last session, and it should always come up the way you saved it.

I couldn't get it to save my default folders until I created a profile, along with unchecking the save settings on exit recommendation. With the new profile selected it's working! Not very intuitive, but thanks for the help.

4 minutes ago, BBLV said:

I couldn't get it to save my default folders until I created a profile, along with unchecking the save settings on exit recommendation. With the new profile selected it's working! Not very intuitive, but thanks for the help.

Weird. My profile just shows <Last session>, which I never edited. I just went through the check uncheck exit dance and it worked.

how do you guys get  Delete to work in Krusader.. for the past year or so i been using Krusader  and deleting in it.. it just hangs there saying its moving  to trash  never really does as i click something else  and its running background but it can sit there for hours.. and i checking my cache appdata  and my one unraid is 670 and other its 560 gb of data in Appdata bin-krusader..  so going into it  i find trash folder in there.. why is it moving files to the cache drive and why isnt it deleting files  why is moving files to the .recyclin bin    works but hitting delete doesnt work 

and how do you tell krusader dont move deleted files to the cache drive

Edited by comet424
  • 2 weeks later...

Question. Im moving files between my Nas and unraid. First i did it with SSH/MC but i have to keep a window open on my PC which isnt a big deal but ok.

So i tried krusader and than moving files. While it works nicely the speed is lower than when i do SSH/MC.  Is there a way to increase the speed in krusader?

in SSH/MC

image.png.d2e47bbc267ebc495b57960a8fbd6485.png

krusader/docker

image.png.4f7c3a8cd22a9fa3c5e870281b9469be.png

7 minutes ago, DigitalDivide said:

Hmm now I seem to have another problem.  I clicked quit and closed the webpage...then wanted to go back but only get a blank screen.  I disconnected, closed the screen, tried going back in and still just get a blank screen.

Is there a specific way to close the app?

If you close the app from within it's UI, then it's off, and you would have to restart the container via Docker / Dashboard.  

If you no longer want to use it, then just stop the container.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

If you close the app from within it's UI, then it's off, and you would have to restart the container via Docker / Dashboard.  

not strictly true actually, you can right click the desktop using right mouse button and you will then be able to re-launch krusader again.

34 minutes ago, binhex said:

you can right click the desktop using right mouse button and you will then be able to re-launch krusader again.

IF you close the Krusader window and right click on the desktop, this is what you get:

image.png.d90359c40f6f89e8b56e8925bd90f4eb.png

I have been unable to find a way to restart Krusader from here.  I have to close the Krusader GUI tab, stop the Krusader Docker, restart the Docker and relaunch the WebGUI. 

56 minutes ago, DigitalDivide said:

s there a specific way to close the app?

I always close the browser tab for Krusader WebGUI.  Never close the Krusader widown inside of that tab or you willhave the problem you describe.

One more caution, When you launch the WebGUI, there may be a considerable delay while the array is spun up so that the two panes will be populated when the Krusader window open.  (You can prevent this delay by pointing the panes to a dive that is always spun up.  In my case I try to remember to point them to either the boot drive or my cache drive.)