[Support] binhex - Krusader

1 minute ago, Frank1940 said:

IF you close the Krusader window and right click on the desktop, this is what you get:

that looks like an issue with the krusader config there, it should look like this when you right click the desktop:-

image.png.62f9c097226be2a648c3a5651b7165d3.png

if you want to fix it and you are willing to loose any krusader configuration then stop the container and delete all files and folders in /config for this container and then start the container.

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

f you want to fix it and you are willing to loose any krusader configuration then stop the container and delete all files and folders in /config for this container and then start the container.

Personally, when I do something (which I now consider) stupid, I would rather stop the Krusader Docker then lose all my configurations.   (Plus, I normally have Krusader stopped anyway as a security consideration...)

how do you fix the Delete issue...  where you select Files   to delete.. hit delete   it says its sending to trash:/   but it takes forever for one.. also  it puts the delete files from the array in a few subdirectories off the appdata/krusader folder and fills up my cache  drive by taking the files off array and onto cache

how you fix it so it doesn't do it.. and to speed up deleting  like when your in windows do a regular delete on array and just goes to the .recyclingbin    

but why is it saving to cache appdata/bincrusader folder  

plus to delete 2 30gb  files on the cache drive takes  more then 15 min to delete  on a SSD  what is wrong with krusader delete

or it says its deleting the file to trash:/   it takes 15 min  to delete 1 file the I guess it crashes  and didn't delete the file  like what the heck

any files that do delete  end up in

/appdata/bin-krusader/.local/share/trash/files  and fills up my cache drive  cant see why its movig files here filling my cache  and takes 10-20 min or longer to delete  1 file

what I end up doing is moving the files from the Trash/files folder  and move it to any .recyclingbin  on the array to actually delete them... why does it do this

Edited by comet424

Is there a noob guide on how to install this? I saw @SpaceInvaderOne video on this, but it is for the sparklyballs version of this. The installation options look different and I dont want to mess anything up.

Please let me know if there is anything out there as a noob guide. I looked at the documentation on github but nothing references to how it should be installed 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Seven7527 said:

Looking for some help. I watched SpaceInvaderOne video on using Krusader and want to back up my flashdrive to array. I followed his video , I can do everything but access the flash drive. I know in the video he used a diffrent version of krusader. thanks

krusader.png

See the post directly above yours.

• Like 1

Hello,

I am having issues with Krusader. After mapping all the volumes/drives with current RW/slave parameters nothing shows up in the docker container. There are no folders whatsoever of mapped volumes. I attached snapshots of the docker container itself and the config template. Any help would be very appreciated since i want to use this to move from my old server that i mapped using an SMB share.

Krusader UI.PNG

Krusader.PNG

On 6/20/2020 at 1:49 PM, jamescarter said:

After mapping all the volumes/drives with current RW/slave parameters nothing shows up in the docker container. There are no folders whatsoever of mapped volumes.

the screenshot shows you are viewing files in the 'nobody' user home directory, if you want to see files/folders for your array then click on '..' to go up directories until you reach the root folder, then look for a folder called 'media' this is where you will see user shares and disk shares.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, you build dockers after my own heart, you are my go to docker when it is available.

Is it possible to change the default folder that krusader opens to? Or change where the home button goes?

It is kind of annoying to always have to back out of the home folder before doing anything.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:59 PM, comet424 said:

how do you fix the Delete issue...  where you select Files   to delete.. hit delete   it says its sending to trash:/   but it takes forever for one.. also  it puts the delete files from the array in a few subdirectories off the appdata/krusader folder and fills up my cache  drive by taking the files off array and onto cache

how you fix it so it doesn't do it.. and to speed up deleting  like when your in windows do a regular delete on array and just goes to the .recyclingbin    

but why is it saving to cache appdata/bincrusader folder  

plus to delete 2 30gb  files on the cache drive takes  more then 15 min to delete  on a SSD  what is wrong with krusader delete

or it says its deleting the file to trash:/   it takes 15 min  to delete 1 file the I guess it crashes  and didn't delete the file  like what the heck

any files that do delete  end up in

/appdata/bin-krusader/.local/share/trash/files  and fills up my cache drive  cant see why its movig files here filling my cache  and takes 10-20 min or longer to delete  1 file

what I end up doing is moving the files from the Trash/files folder  and move it to any .recyclingbin  on the array to actually delete them... why does it do this

I could not figure out a way to disable trash but I did figure out how to change the delete shortcut so the del key will delete instead of move to the trash.

settings > configure shortcuts > search "delete"

change "alternate delete" shortcut from crtl+del to del.

Now when you press del the files will be deleted instead of moved to trash.

@TexasUnraid

ok thank you..  least its something...  ya it was driving me nuts and would been ok  if pressing  Del   would send it to the .Recylin.Bin

not the Trash99 folder..  as if you do a MOVE in krusader  to Recylin.Bin   goes instant.. but when you use the DEL  it takes forever 

frustrating  at times..  but ill give that a try

59 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I have to say, you build dockers after my own heart, you are my go to docker when it is available.

Is it possible to change the default folder that krusader opens to? Or change where the home button goes?

It is kind of annoying to always have to back out of the home folder before doing anything.

Look at Host Path 2.  I edited it to look like this:

image.png.7527b02d11002819e907d016d416fc2c.png

And I added Host Path 3 to add the boot/flash drive which looks like this:

image.png.994472eb97af0fc7435b4c2bf0ba3829.png

Which adds the boot drive to Krusader.  IF you use this addition, you will have to change the PUID and PGID to change the user to root as shown below:

image.png.6fde4d7bbacd80af3b241a7f8ecc6d72.png

image.png.5aed1b0f00b3be3983f047563d90ba9b.png

It is important to realize that gives Krusader 'root' privileges so you have to make sure that access to it is limited.  (What I do is 'stop' the Krusader Docker after use. So basically, it is only active when I am actively using it!)

This should give you enough information to setup a Host Path to any point on the Unraid file system.  You do want to be a bit careful as I seem to recall that you can get to the Krusader GUI from a web browser if you know the IP address and port number!

EDIT:  Look at this YouTube tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0XCFPAsWZE

Edited by Frank1940
1 minute ago, Frank1940 said:

You do want to be a bit careful as I seem to recall that you can get to the Krusader GUI from a web browser if you know the IP address and port number!

as @Frank1940 says, you can do basic auth with password protection via env var 'VNC_PASSWORD', but yeah dont port forward this directly to the internet!, reverse proxy should be fine with a real cert or vpn tunnel if you REALLY need access whilst out and about.

27 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Look at Host Path 2.  I edited it to look like this:

image.png.7527b02d11002819e907d016d416fc2c.png

And I added Host Path 3 to add the boot/flash drive which looks like this:

image.png.994472eb97af0fc7435b4c2bf0ba3829.png

Which adds the boot drive to Krusader.  IF you use this addition, you will have to change the PUID and PGID to change the user to root as shown below:

image.png.6fde4d7bbacd80af3b241a7f8ecc6d72.png

image.png.5aed1b0f00b3be3983f047563d90ba9b.png

It is important to realize that gives Krusader 'root' privileges so you have to make sure that access to it is limited.  (What I do is 'stop' the Krusader Docker after use. So basically, it is only active when I am actively using it!)

This should give you enough information to setup a Host Path to any point on the Unraid file system.  You do want to be a bit careful as I seem to recall that you can get to the Krusader GUI from a web browser if you know the IP address and port number!

EDIT:  Look at this YouTube tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0XCFPAsWZE

Thanks, I actually setup paths much like this already from that video actually.

What does the default value do? I never really understood it, it never seems to be set in dockers?

I am not sure what in the settings you have there would cause krusader to open by default to a folder of my choosing? Right now it opens to the in docker home folder every time I start it. So I have to back out to get to the unraid folders.

EDIT: I do not see the default path option? That was the only real difference from your settings?

firefox_qasRccDpyF.jpg

Edited by TexasUnraid
1 minute ago, TexasUnraid said:

am not sure what in the settings you have there would cause krusader to open by default to a folder of my choosing? Right now it opens to the in docker home folder every time I start it. So I have to back out to get to the unraid folders.

Look at the video:

That will probably answer 95% of your questions

lol, I think ya'll are misunderstanding my question.

I have krusader working just fine, I have all the paths mapped as I want them just fine.

The only question I have is the minor annoyance that when I start krusader it by default opens to the in-docker /home/nobody folder.

Thus requiring me to back down 2 folder trees to root before I can start climbing the unraid file system tree in /media (I renamed it but same thing).

I would simply like krusader to default to starting in the /media folder so I do not have to back out of the home folder evrey time I start the docker.

It is a very minor thing but it annoys me and seems like there should be a way to change the defualt folder it opens to.

Edited by TexasUnraid
32 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

The only question I have is the minor annoyance that when I start krusader it by default opens to the in-docker /home/nobody folder.

Thus requiring me to back down 2 folder trees to root before I can start climbing the unraid file system tree in /media (I renamed it but same thing).

Start watching at about 15:10 in the video...

• Thanks 1

Got another question. I am wanting to make copy windows always be on top so they are not forgotten. Already almost forgot one of them when I was about to unmount a drive.

It appears it is using openbox window manager and I found this thread that gives details on how to do it:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/345763/make-window-always-on-top-on-boot

The issue is that I am trying to install xprop as per the thread to find the name of the window and it needs the SU password, I tried root, admin etc but they did not work.

Edited by TexasUnraid