[Support] binhex - Krusader

Hi guys, i am tentatively (very aware a lot of people rely on this) releasing a new version of this docker image, it includes a cleaner more modern ui (dark and light themes available), trimmed docker image size, and ability to customise the ui further (if so desired).

As part of this work i have shuffled the krusader settings around to a more logical location, from the old location of /config/krusader/ to a new location of /config/home/

Due to the change above i would like test this is out with a small group of people before releasing to the wider public, if you want to test the new change then please backup all files/folders in your /config folder for krusader and then left click 'edit' the krusader icon, go to Repository and append :test to the end of the Repository name and click on apply to pull down the new image.

Note - The test tagged image does NOT include a new version of Krusader, so there will be no additional functionality.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, binhex said:

if you want to test the new change then please backup all files/folders in your /config folder for krusader

Exactly where are these files?  I have looked in the appdata folder on the cache drive and I have looked on the  Flash drive.  I even looked in the root of the Unraid system using a terminal session...

One more thing. Please try to make sure that all of the present customizations that many have done gets copied over to the new settings locations.  I, for one, would hate to have to redo them!

Edited by Frank1940
3 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Exactly where are these files?

left click edit krusader, click on 'show more settings' at the bottom to show the host path for /config, the host path is what you need to backup.

3 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

One more thing. Please try to make sure that all of the present customizations that many have done gets copied over to the new settings locations.  I, for one, would hate to have to redo them!

thus the test tag :-), i have tested it locally of course and it migrates my settings over correctly, but i would like confirmation from other users before marking as 'latest'.

Edited by binhex

Problem:  I tried to copy the folder over to another folder on my Windows desktop and got a 'You do not have permission to do this' message for (at least) one of the files.  I even tried stopping the Docker.  Any suggestions on how to make the backup.  (No apparent way to run Windows Explorer as Administrator...)

Updated to the test version, looks good. The space savings is nice as well.

Only thing I noticed is that after I restarted the docker after setting up the bookmarks, the text below the bookmarks on the toolbar disappeared and I had to re-enable them.

Is it possible to add rar archive support easily? I noticed it seems to support it on startup but was not enabled. I use rar for most of my archive needs and I can see the possibility of using krusader to work with a rar archive being useful.

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

Problem:  I tried to copy the folder over to another folder on my Windows desktop and got a 'You do not have permission to do this' message for (at least) one of the files.  I even tried stopping the Docker.  Any suggestions on how to make the backup.  (No apparent way to run Windows Explorer as Administrator...)

Sounds like a permissions issue. Normally the fix permissions docker safe option in tools will fix these kind of things I have found but in this case it would not help since it is a docker lol.

Doing it from the command line should work or use the command line to change the permissions.

I ended up just setting up krusader as root for this reason and setting a vnc password for it. I have run into several issues where it would of been nice to have root in krusader.

Hello everyone,
I have a strange phenomenon using Krusader.

I copied a 35GB file from a Synology NAS (mounted via SMB in Krusader) to the Unraid NAS and while checking the MD5 hash, I noticed that it was not equal. That can happen, so far, so good.

Unfortunately, all the three other attempts to copy the same file to the Unraid NAS resulted in varying MD5 hash values on Unraid.

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong?

It seems to work just fine.  All of the settings came across and the mod's I made to the GUI (bookmarks) are there.  Only thing that I noticed is the Repository has now defaulted to    binhex/arch-krusader:test   Is this going to cause any problems in the future?      EDIT:  Or will it enable us current testers an advance peek at the new release?

Edited by Frank1940
WRong word peek was peak...
15 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Only thing that I noticed is the Repository has now defaulted to    binhex/arch-krusader:test   Is this going to cause any problems in the future?

once im satisfied that the test tagged image is working as it should i will build a 'latest' tagged image, once this is built i will ask everybody who got involved with using the 'test' tagged image to edit their container and remove the :test from the end of their repository and click apply, which will then force the download of the latest tagged image and you will then be back on the production branch.

• Like 1

While working on a new version anyways, would it be possible to make file copy progress windows always stay on top by default?

It appears it is using openbox window manager and I found this thread that gives details on how to do it:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/345763/make-window-always-on-top-on-boot

It can manually be changed in the top left corner if someone wants to put it behind the main window but seems that having it front and center would be a good default so that we don't forget something is still copying and possibly do something we should not.

If you don't want to make it the default, what is the SU password for the image so I can try to do it myself?

35 minutes ago, Jobine said:

Since the last update, Krusader won't start or don't work. The problem seems to come from chrome. It works well in Safari.

1930196400_Capturedecranle2020-07-10a16_17_47.thumb.jpg.52d2a19eb49582d84e256d42392f696d.jpg

I just tried Chrome (Windows latest update) and it worked.  You might have to have a look at the settings in Chrome and what chrome apps you have installed.  You could also try Firefox...

I was getting really strange issues in several html5 pages with firefox until the other day when I wiped firefox completely and started over from scratch (only importing bookmarks). All the sudden everything started working just fine.

The strange part is I reinstalled my computer just a few months ago but I did restore a few settings from the old firefox install and I guess one of those was corrupted.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:02 AM, binhex said:

once im satisfied that the test tagged image is working as it should i will build a 'latest' tagged image, once this is built i will ask everybody who got involved with using the 'test' tagged image to edit their container and remove the :test from the end of their repository and click apply, which will then force the download of the latest tagged image and you will then be back on the production branch.

I hope the new image lets us set kdeglobals to change the date format and easily change kde themes 😃

I have an issue with Krusader that I must be missing.

Trying to "MOVE" files off unraid to USB. 

Krusader copys the file but throws an error at the end.

Almost like Krusader doesnt have permission to delete original file.

Tried Docker Safe permissions.

My way around this was to change PUID and PGID to 0 to run as root. Not good but cant fined out what setting is wrong.  

9 hours ago, Jobine said:

It seems to me that the file movements are much longer than before.

I'm also seeing noticeable slowdowns in copy/move functions. FYI - I did not add the :test parameter but installed the latest update as shown in unRAID's docker tab. It looks like this is the test version that you mentioned so it's possible that the unRAID repo is using the wrong image. I'm not sure if others were inadvertently upgraded to this new build of Krusader but if so there's bound to be others reporting it.

Back to the transfer speed issue - on the previous version Krusader ran at about the same speed as using Midnight Commander from an unRAID shell. For my system that's typically 60 - 80MB/sec for copies/moves. Now I can only reach those speeds via MC - Krusader seems to run between 12 - 16 MB/sec.

@binhex Any thoughts on why Krusader file transfers are slower now? And is there an easy way to rollback to the previous docker image? I'm guessing I can pull the container from your repo manually, but have never done this for any container. Are there hints/tips on how to cleanly rollback and keep my Krusader settings/bookmarks?