[Support] binhex - Krusader

This docker uses Alpine Linux which is a Arch based Linux to provide you the Krusader Explorer.

If you like to view pictures I suggest you install ristretto into the docker. It is a lightweight image viewer made for Xfce desktop.
1. Enter the Unraid GUI and go to Dashboard. Click on the krusader icon and chose Console
2. type in the terminal window that opens: pacman -S  ristretto
3. return and then Y and return again
4. Once the command is done close the window
5. Restart the docker

If you would like to view the pictures now, simply right click in Krusader and select open with. You can also make it the default in the Krusader settings for the image types you like. 

Please keep in mind that when you update the docker you will have to reinstall the app again. I usually install mediainfo and ristretto into the docker so I have some additional functionality. It works fine.

Hopefully this answer is helpful.
Great answer! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thx mate.

Sent from my NX569J using Tapatalk

Thanks @TexasUnraid for your detailed and easy-to-follow response! Lots there for me to understand and try. I do appreciate that unRAID is less fiddly and command line-y than most other Linux varieties—it's part of the reason I'm all-in with a Pro license—but it's also nice (?) to hear I'm not the only one who struggles all the same. I usually get there in the end, though, and it's usually because I get assistance from some understanding and more knowledgeable person like yourself. Cheers! 

13 hours ago, Seriously_Clueless said:

This docker uses Alpine Linux which is a Arch based Linux to provide you the Krusader Explorer.

Just like to point out that this statement is wrong as this docker image is using Arch Linux and not Alpine Linux, which is its own thing.

Is there as way to save the last session so that I can save Krusader in my bookmarks?

When I reopen Krusader after closing the browser it some times is at the last session and sometimes it is fully reset back to a small screen and the action toolbar resized.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:14 PM, TexasUnraid said:

Very nice, not having a clue how anything but ubuntu works (and just basic understanding there) I have no idea how to do things like that.

Is it possible to install 7zip this same way and enable that inside krusader?

Why would you need that, in this docker included is an pack and unpacking tool for pretty much anything under the sun including 7z which is the linux version of 7zip https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/P7zip

Highlight the file you would like to compress/extract and go to the "file" dropdown menu and select pack/unpack. That simple. 

I can't seem to start this docker. This is what i see in the logs, but when i open webUI i do not see anything, like the browser gives me an "unable to connect".

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2020-08-17 22:25:45.120829 [info] System information Linux 995d5acafd1e 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-08-17 22:25:45.202608 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2020-08-17 22:25:45.271911 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-08-17 22:25:45.343540 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-08-17 22:25:45.861273 [warn] UMASK not defined (via -e UMASK), defaulting to '000'
2020-08-17 22:25:45.906374 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-08-17 22:25:45.952551 [info] TEMP_FOLDER defined as '/config/krusader/tmp'
2020-08-17 22:25:46.112726 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-08-17 22:25:46.155725 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2020-08-17 22:25:46.112726 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-08-17 22:25:46.155725 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2020-08-17 22:25:48,287 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/novnc.conf" during parsing
2020-08-17 22:25:48,287 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-08-17 22:25:48,293 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2020-08-17 22:25:49,295 INFO spawned: 'start' with pid 61
2020-08-17 22:25:49,296 INFO reaped unknown pid 8 (exit status 0)
2020-08-17 22:25:49,385 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] /config/home/.config folder storing user general settings already exists, skipping copy
[info] Creating soft link from /config/home/.config to /home/nobody/.config...

2020-08-17 22:25:49,385 INFO success: start entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-08-17 22:25:49,486 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] /config/home/.icons folder storing user general settings already exists, skipping copy
[info] Creating soft link from /config/home/.icons to /home/nobody/.icons...

2020-08-17 22:25:49,491 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] /config/home/.local folder storing user general settings already exists, skipping copy
[info] Creating soft link from /config/home/.local to /home/nobody/.local...

2020-08-17 22:25:49,496 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] /config/home/.themes folder storing user general settings already exists, skipping copy
[info] Creating soft link from /config/home/.themes to /home/nobody/.themes...

2020-08-17 22:25:49,505 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
cp: cannot stat '/config/krusader/.config/': No such file or directory

What can i do to debug?

Last few weeks I noticed that Krusader will stop working in the sense that when I access the gui it says disconnected even though the container is running. One I restart the container its fine yet I get all the "first time" window prompts but eventually it happens again. Only thing I see in the logs is this.

For more information, run `man tint2` or visit the project page
<https://gitlab.com/o9000/tint2>.

2020-08-25 10:29:53,073 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
[1;34mtint2: xRandr: Linking output VNC-0 with crtc 0, resolution 1024x768, DPI 96[0m
tint2: No XSETTINGS manager, tint2 uses config option 'launcher_icon_theme'.
tint2: Loading config file: /home/nobody/.config/tint2/theme/tint2rc
tint2: Could not read config file.

Edited by mkono87

Can someone please help me understand the differences between this version of Krusader vs the other version? I'm brand new to unraid, I went to install Krusader and there are two listed. It doesnt explain the differences. Does one have different features than the other?

Edited by SPOautos
26 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Can someone please help me understand the differences between this version of Krusader vs the other version? I'm brand new to unraid, I went to install Krusader and there are two listed. It doesnt explain the differences. Does one have different features than the other?

While there probably are some extra features in the djaydev flavour, for the most part they would be identical, and no significant differences between the two (although djaydev probably takes up less space within your docker.img file)

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

I believe the only difference is that they are built on different base versions of linux images.   It makes no practical difference.  I personally prefer the non-binhex one, visually it looks a little better on my system.

• Thanks 1

I updated my container today and since then and not able to open web UI. I keep getting below error:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.201 refused to connect.

Try:

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I also get the same issue on Deluge VPN after upgrading.

Any suggestions?

I'm very new to all this.. do I just run it with default values? Or do I change things in the config file that pops up? SpaceInvader's tutorial video fore this does not have the same options?

I ended up using the default options.. seems to work fine....

One more thing though.. I accidental deleted something "to trash"... how do you clear the trash? If you right click a file you can "delete" without sending to trash, so I am doing that now... but yeah.. how to disable trash, or how do you clear trash?

Also, if I am copying a lot of files... (for example moving my old file archives to my new sever), if I close the browser window.. dose that stop krusader from running the copy command that is in progress?

Edited by questionbot
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't find anything about Krusader setup due to BAD* search utility, so

What does it take to properly configure Krusader so that it doesn't start in NON-EXISTANT locations?

(both panels of Krusader show locations that DON'T EXIST)

Krusader is configured to use "last session" and that is CERTAINLY NOT where I left off -

as if I could navigate to a non-existant location.

BUT, that is how Krusader starts everytime I go to use it (unless it is left running)

So, does anyone know how to fix this?

*Community search utility doesn't understand basic and/or logic - an attempt to find "last session" or last+session produces either 1000+ hits or 40 pages worth of 'garbage' that has nothing to do with the search criteria. (Looks at individual words, "last", "AND", etc.)

Edited by CaryV

Has anyone been experiencing a failure with the simple "copy to other panel" function?

(or do I need to file a Krusader bug report?)

What's happening is this - the copy process appears to "hang", but upon further inspection,

the source data has apparently already been copied, but Krusader DOESN'T RESPOND

as having finished, FAILING DUE TO ITS OWN STATS!  i.e.

Displays that it has halted at 77%, having copied 3.6 GiB of 4.6 Gib, WHEN ONLY 3.6 GB actually resides on the source.

An inspection of source and target properties shows the same count of files and folders, BUT

I have to quit the copy process without it "finishing" according to Krusader itself.

Has anyone been having this issue?

Edited by CaryV
On 8/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, mkono87 said:

Last few weeks I noticed that Krusader will stop working in the sense that when I access the gui it says disconnected even though the container is running. One I restart the container its fine yet I get all the "first time" window prompts but eventually it happens again. Only thing I see in the logs is this.

For more information, run `man tint2` or visit the project page
<https://gitlab.com/o9000/tint2>.

2020-08-25 10:29:53,073 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
[1;34mtint2: xRandr: Linking output VNC-0 with crtc 0, resolution 1024x768, DPI 96[0m
tint2: No XSETTINGS manager, tint2 uses config option 'launcher_icon_theme'.
tint2: Loading config file: /home/nobody/.config/tint2/theme/tint2rc
tint2: Could not read config file.

Just letting you know you're not alone 🙂, I have been seeing the same. Typically for me just a "Check for updates" reestablishes the connection. I haven't looked any further into it other than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I still miss the old version (worked out of the box for me) since I am having so many issues with getting this one working, it will not even see my DISKS, and shows no UNRAID folder as well as the issue with Unassigned devices. the video by SpaceInvader seems to be for the older version and just confused the dickens out of me (not a hard difficult task...lol)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Krusader.jpg

25 minutes ago, icedragonslair said:

I still miss the old version (worked out of the box for me) since I am having so many issues with getting this one working, it will not even see my DISKS, and shows no UNRAID folder as well as the issue with Unassigned devices. the video by SpaceInvader seems to be for the older version and just confused the dickens out of me (not a hard difficult task...lol)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Krusader.jpg

im no expert  id say  just uninstall it..  delete  the folder in the appdata as it will leave files

then install the Krusdar  not bin-krusader but the  djaydev

and then set puid to 0 and pgid to 0  

then  hopefully it work for ya.. seemed to work for me 

Edited by comet424