[Support] binhex - Krusader

I've having an issue I can't figure out. So I moved some files around to make my minecraft server a little less full of plugin files that make the mineos webUI stupid slow and a huge resource hog, and the owners on some files have changed from nobody/users to root/root. I can't for the life of me change owners back to nobody/users and now cannot move files to get the server back up and running.

I can't get krusader to log in as root, forwarded port 6080, tried added the password in the set-up. Just tells me the root password is wrong. Tried using commands in console to change the permissions on the dirs/files, no luck....

Help?

Edited by I_TheRenegade_I
clarification
I've having an issue I can't figure out. So I moved some files around to make my minecraft server a little less full of plugin files that make the mineos webUI stupid slow and a huge resource hog, and the owners on some files have changed from nobody/users to root/root. I can't for the life of me change owners back to nobody/users and now cannot move files to get the server back up and running.

I can't get krusader to log in as root, forwarded port 6080, tried added the password in the set-up. Just tells me the root password is wrong. Tried using commands in console to change the permissions on the dirs/files, no luck....

Help?
Don't do this, Mineos-node must run as root, if you change permissions it will stop working. If you want to modify files for this container then do it via the console of the host.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, 

tried to install your Krusader, and following SpaceInvader indication, but the settings pages are different and perhaps I've made some mistakes.

However the docker was installed, but in the GUI I don't see the same details Space was shown and if I go into some folder ( for instance FLASH ) it doesn't show anything.

Any suggestions on how to fix all these issues ? 

- are the settings corrects ? 

- the version showed in the Spaceinvaders is different, especially regarding the KEYS that in the video are not mentionign and not with such a numeber of them, however I left them untouched

- in the setting the line  "the Webpage title " : is as default named TOWER.  Is the name of the server ? I left it, but to be clear, my server has a different name, should I change it ?

- Why I can't see UNRAID FOLDER ? The main issue it that I would move file onto some  share folders, but since I don't see them, I can't.   Any suggestion on  it ?

THX for your kind support

Attacched some screenshots

screenshot.1.jpg

screenshot.2.jpg

screenshot.3.jpg

screenshot.4.jpg

10 hours ago, binhex said:

Don't do this, Mineos-node must run as root, if you change permissions it will stop working. If you want to modify files for this container then do it via the console of the host.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

OK, then how do I get krusader to run as root. As there are files I need to move back into the Mine-OS directory for plugins to work, and I can't because I don't have permissions...

I've tried adding a password, forwarding port 6080, and when I try to change to root mode, it says my root password is incorrect...

53 minutes ago, I_TheRenegade_I said:

OK, then how do I get krusader to run as root. As there are files I need to move back into the Mine-OS directory for plugins to work, and I can't because I don't have permissions...

I've tried adding a password, forwarding port 6080, and when I try to change to root mode, it says my root password is incorrect...

See here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to the "viewDockerLogSize" script, my binhex-krusader docker has a 3.6GB log. What is the purpose of such a huge log, does it show everything that's ever done in krusader? Is it safe to just delete in terminal, and is there a way to turn down the degree of logging?

1 hour ago, bclinton said:

Just saw the warning about running in admin so I changed the UID's to match my username instead of root. Was curious is there a way once it is launched to temporarily elevate the user if protected writes are needed? 

What I do is to only start this Docker app when I am actually using it.  I stop it after use.  Thus only someone who has root access to the server can use it. 

On 1/18/2021 at 5:04 PM, DontWorryScro said:

Try navigating to the windows youd like to be your new default and then inside Krusader go to Window>Save Position

krusader.PNG

Genius! This has been bugging me for months! I even went into the settings and told it to use the previous session and it didn't restore the selected directories. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am merging a Readynas with Unraid. I need to move huge amount of data through the network. I want to use Krusader to put the load on Unraid. I mounted an SMB share that shows my Readynas directories within Unraid console.
How can I see and use this mounted share in Krusader so I can copy/move data from Readynas to Unraid?

Thank you

When I move files from one share to another with Krusader, they get moved OK and are accessible through SMB but the files are actually not moved to the correct disc assigned to the share. I don't know where this behaviour comes from.

source folder: /mnt/user/Downloads/extracted

Downlaods share assigned to disk 4

destination folder: /mnt/user/Movies

Movies share assigned to disks 1-3

Krusader mount: /mnt/user/ assigned to /media

In Krusader I move the files from on panel to the other using the /media folder on both panels but the files stay on disk 4.

Edited by Agamemnon
fixed a typo
On 3/8/2021 at 12:35 PM, Agamemnon said:

When I move files from one share to another with Krusader, they get moved OK and are accessible through SMB but the files are actually not moved to the correct disc assigned to the share. I don't know where this behaviour comes from.

source folder: /mnt/user/Downloads/extracted

Downlaods share assigned to disk 4

destination folder: /mnt/user/Movies

Movies share assigned to disks 1-3

Krusader mount: /mnt/user/ assigned to /media

In Krusader I move the files from on panel to the other using the /media folder on both panels but the files stay on disk 4.

Ditto! Exact same behavior...

I'm on 6.9, but happened on 6.8 too

Example

Stuff = Disk 1
Other Stuff = Disk 2

Disk Share "Stuff" to Disk Share "Other Stuff"
Doesn't Work, same behavior when I move to other panel or cut and paste from clipboard

When I add the disk in docker via "/mnt/disk2/"

Stuff to Disk 2 
It works, no problem?

11 minutes ago, G Speed said:

Ditto! Exact same behavior...

I'm on 6.9, but happened on 6.8 too

Example

Stuff = Disk 1
Other Stuff = Disk 2

Disk Share "Stuff" to Disk Share "Other Stuff"
Doesn't Work, same behavior when I move to other panel or cut and paste from clipboard

When I add the disk in docker via "/mnt/disk2/"

Stuff to Disk 2 
It works, no problem?

Expected behaviour because of how every OS works.  You're moving things within the same mount point (say /UNRAID mapped to /mnt/user), so if possible the system does a rename.

What you'd want to do is map say /UNRAID to /mnt and then move from /mnt/disk2... to /mnt/disk4/...  Just be careful not to mix at the same time /mnt/diskX and /mnt/user/  corruption will occur.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to access Krusader via smartphone and tablet.

When I am using fennec browser to open the webui, I can access krusader but curser jumps to the spot where I touch the screen, it isn't really handy to use.

How are you using krusader via smartphone or tablet?

26 minutes ago, mgutt said:

Krusader is not mobile friendly. The better tool for mobile usage is Nextcloud. 

So you would recommend using nextcloud instead, if I only want to access my network and server via VPN, installing nextcoud would be enough? No duckdns, letsencrypt, mariadb, nginx... needed?

Edited by olco
1 hour ago, olco said:

instead

Not "instead". It's more an additional method to access personal files. I wouldn't use nextcloud to access all my files as it's a web application which creates an index of all files, but it depends on the amount of files you want to access through nextcloud.

1 hour ago, olco said:

via VPN

No problem. You create your nextcloud docker with br0 network and define a fixed IP for this container. Now you can connect to your local network through VPN and access nextcloud. No need to open ports (or you want public access to share files with thirds).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, rragu said:

I checked the entry for each bookmark and made sure the checkbox in the screenshot above is UNchecked. And I have Lock Toolbar Positions turned on.

Still no luck. Every time I restart the docker, I go back to having only a row of folder icons with no text.

Did this get solved or does anyone have a solution? I am having the exact same problem described by these two users and so far I have tried those steps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am unable to use this to delete an sql database that was left behind when I deleted nextcloud and mariadb. I have tried to find a solution and just cant figure it out. It says only "nobody" has the authority.

Any help would be wonderful. running 6.9.2. 

Pretty newbie too.