Plex Container not utilizing full CPU

Hey, my Plex container is not using full CPU when transcoding or optimizing. I can only transcode ~25Mbps HEVC to 10Mbps x264. More than that requires a lot of buffering. It uses ~15-35% of the CPU. Same while using HW and SW transcoding. 

I have a i5 8600T processor, it has ~11100 passmarks. A Ryzen 1700X with ~14600 passmarks can transcode 85Mbps HEVC (SW) without a problem. However the Ryzen does not run Plex in a docker, it runs Plex in a VM on Proxmox.

32 minutes ago, Squid said:

Do you run VMs on the i5?  Have you excluded unRaid (and therefore docker) from executing on certain cores?

I don't run any VMs on this machine. Running dockers only. Cadvisor, couchpotato, r(u)torrent, Plex, qbittorrent, sonarr and taitulli.

Edited by kakmoster
5 hours ago, Squid said:

Do you run VMs on the i5?  Have you excluded unRaid (and therefore docker) from executing on certain cores?

It seems that when Plex is transcoding a video with .pgs subtitles it only uses 1-2 cores or something like that. I tried transcoding a movie with .srt subtitles and now I can transcode a 86Mbps 4k HEVC to 12Mbps 1080p x264 file without any problem!

EDIT: 122,7 Mbps 4k HEVC to 12Mbps 1080p x264 works great with 95-98% cpu utilization!

916Mbps file was out of the question!

Edited by kakmoster