Possible Ransomware Attack?

Checking some stuff this evening and I noticed that the ransomware plugin had tripped, turning off SMB in the process. Fuller details below:

• There's a slight confusion with the timestamps. Either this happened at 0849 UTC (in which case I was in work and my iMac was in hibernation) or 0749 UTC (when I was using my iMac for a few mins before going to work). Based on looking at the log data I've just saved off I believe it's the former timestamps
  • Only machines switched on was an iMac and a MacBook. Scans haven't found anything on the iMac (and I'll be scanning the MacBook in a moment).
  • There are (well, there were) three Windows-based VMs on the server. They were all powered off at the time (and had been for several days - they only get used in a lab environment). They've all been deleted for safety and can be rebuild from scratch when I next need them.
  • All shares require a username/password to gain write access. The flash drive itself has no write permissions enabled

I'm beginning to think this could be a false positive.....but since I'm in no rush to assume that's the case I'd though I'd ask the community for any thoughts/areas to investigate.

Time Of Attack:Thu, 24 May 2018 08:49:55 +0000

Attacked File: /mnt/user/able-galahad/.DS_Store

Samba version 4.7.7
PID     Username     Group        Machine                                   Protocol Version  Encryption           Signing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31553   nobody       users        fe80::18e0:fb1d:1a2e:7d46 (ipv6:fe80::18e0:fb1d:1a2e:7d46:49589) SMB3_02           -                    -

Service      pid     Machine       Connected at                     Encryption   Signing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
able-galahad 31553   fe80::18e0:fb1d:1a2e:7d46 Thu May 24 08:49:50 2018 UTC     -            -
IPC$         31553   fe80::18e0:fb1d:1a2e:7d46 Thu May 24 08:49:54 2018 UTC     -            -
cache        31553   fe80::18e0:fb1d:1a2e:7d46 Thu May 24 08:48:29 2018 UTC     -            -
were-galahad 31553   fe80::18e0:fb1d:1a2e:7d46 Thu May 24 08:49:03 2018 UTC     -            -

Locked files:
Pid          Uid        DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock           SharePath   Name   Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31553        99         DENY_NONE  0x100081    RDONLY     NONE             /mnt/cache   .   Thu May 24 08:48:44 2018

Yeah thanks Squid. It's giving me the opportunity to review/consider how SMB is getting used on my server - one of my side projects is to better enable stored music instead of relying on an SMB mount. Virtually everything else is being handled by dockers...