[solved] Swap disk positions in unRAID 6.5.2

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

For temperature reasons, I want to swap 2 disks in my array (physically swap their slot positions over)

I can physically do that and restart the array, but it still shows their diskN numbers on the main config as the same as before they were physically swapped.

i.e. if I swap disk in physical slot 11 (SN ending Q4QA) with disk in physical slot 12 (GC07), the array will successfully restart, but still list "Disk 11" as Q4QA and "Disk 12" as GC07

In a previous incarnation of unRAID, I could THEN just STOP the array and redesignate disk11 and disk12 as appropriate, then there was some option to restart the array, like "Start will just record the new disk positions and bring the array on-line"

With the NEW unRAID, if I STOP the array and attempt to redesignate the disk11/disk12 positions from the main screen, it continues to say "Too many wrong and/or missing disks".

Is their a new way to achieve what I used to before??

Thanks...

NB: I only have 1 parity drive installed/enabled

NB2: last time I tried this was 5.0.6!!

Edited by magic144
mark solved
  • Solution
27 minutes ago, magic144 said:

Is their a new way to achieve what I used to before??

Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply

Swap disk positions, check "parity is already valid" and start the array, this is only valid for arrays with single parity (parity1), not for arrays with dual parity or only parity2.