[Support] Linuxserver.io - Calibre-Web

Hi,

I'm a noob on both Qnap containers and on docker.

I'm trying to setup the server and have a shared folder Books in which are all my ebooks and the metadata.db file.

Each time I create the container one of the locations for either /config or /books (that as far as I can see are correct - see screenshots attached) maps correctly to the shared folder, but the other one maps to a newly created folder in the Container>Docker folder.  

Is it NOT possible to map both to the same shared folder (though this is how my install of Caliber works)?

I'd appreciate any insights.  Create Container settings are in screen shots below.

Cheers462914729_Create4-Result.thumb.png.88d87ba783dec7246b2775f07b70b81e.png462914729_Create4-Result.thumb.png.88d87ba783dec7246b2775f07b70b81e.png462914729_Create4-Result.thumb.png.88d87ba783dec7246b2775f07b70b81e.png

Create 1.png

Create 3.png

Create 2.png

Edited by golfbravobravo
2 minutes ago, golfbravobravo said:

Qnap containers

I assume you didn't bother to read the first post in this support thread then. Here I quote the relevant section:

On 5/30/2018 at 12:12 PM, linuxserver.io said:

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, andr0id said:

My container just got updated by ca auto update. Where can I find a change log?

Most of the linux server containers are issued updates every Friday @2300GMT  These are usually updates to the containers themselves (security patches etc) and the odd update to the actually app if/when they are available.  LSIO does not publish changelogs.  If the app itself was updated, then a changelog would probably show up on the Project's webpage

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I am new to UNRAID and dockers in general. I have installed both calibre and lazy librarian and they both seem to be working fine. I stalled calibre-web and while the install seems to to be fine I dont see any books through the calibre-web interface. The DB seems to point the right place. Am I just missing something obvious? What info do need from me? Thank you.

10 hours ago, Darkon said:

I am new to UNRAID and dockers in general. I have installed both calibre and lazy librarian and they both seem to be working fine. I stalled calibre-web and while the install seems to to be fine I dont see any books through the calibre-web interface. The DB seems to point the right place. Am I just missing something obvious? What info do need from me? Thank you.

You can start with supplying the docker run command and where the calibre database is located.

How to get the dokcer run command is in the docker faq.

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, vurt said:

Hi all, sorry I have a really dumb question: Am I suppose to be able to read an ebook with the Calibre-Web interface? I've read about the function but I'm not seeing it in the UI after clicking on a book. I see: Mark as read, Edit metadata, Download, and Send to Kindle. I also tried clicking and double-clicking on the book cover. And I've tried this with Firefox and Safari.

I too am coming across this issue, thought it was because i only had .mobi files, so i grabbed the .epub files and let calibre merge them, now i can see both files types and get the option to download both types, but i dont get a read book button click on any of my titles.

I am using the linuxio calibre docker image.

Checked the FAQ's and github nothing really about how to troubleshoot the inability to read through calibre-web.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Natcoso9955 said:

I too am coming across this issue, thought it was because i only had .mobi files, so i grabbed the .epub files and let calibre merge them, now i can see both files types and get the option to download both types, but i dont get a read book button click on any of my titles.

I am using the linuxio calibre docker image.

Checked the FAQ's and github nothing really about how to troubleshoot the inability to read through calibre-web.

Thanks in advance.

Did you allow the user to read books?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've got a problem setting up my library. I want to use my import directory, but it just maps to the LIbrary location when I go to import.  If I try to go up a directory, it takes me back to / and I can't get to ../import.   Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.48d6c84c8227a98e9a210c4531b6d913.png

13 hours ago, TimV said:

I've got a problem setting up my library. I want to use my import directory, but it just maps to the LIbrary location when I go to import.  If I try to go up a directory, it takes me back to / and I can't get to ../import.   Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.48d6c84c8227a98e9a210c4531b6d913.png

Post the docker run command. Screenshots doesn't tell us everything.

10 hours ago, TimV said:

How do you get that?  When I start/stop a docker, it just runs I get no visual command.  When I look in the log, it doesn't show what command was used to start.

It's the window that pops up when you update the container or change something in the template. You can trigger it by just erasing a character and entering it again in any of the fields and then hit apply.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='calibre' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GUAC_USER'='' -e 'GUAC_PASS'='' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8081:8081/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/':'/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/import/':'/import':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/import/':'/data/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/calibre library/':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/calibre' 

be898b4949abcaad8a05879d720a1d33694ff4982359597e6d734d09ea01c8fd

9 hours ago, TimV said:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='calibre' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GUAC_USER'='' -e 'GUAC_PASS'='' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8081:8081/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/':'/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/import/':'/import':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/import/':'/data/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Books/calibre library/':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/calibre' 

be898b4949abcaad8a05879d720a1d33694ff4982359597e6d734d09ea01c8fd

I dont understand what you are doing with your bind mounts. You have the books folder mounted to books in the container and then you have multiple mounts of subfolders to various folders in the container. Two with the same host path.

I'm not sure where you can't go to the /import folder. In Calibre-web?

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a silly question but is there any limit to the size of the Calibre database that Calibre-web will read?

I've come across an issue where I added a whole bunch of new books using the Calibre interface and the 800+ books added are visible in the Calibre interface but not in the Calibre-web interface.

Total number of books is 4977, can only see up to 4169. Numbers 4170 to 4741 were added on the same day as the preceding 6 or so books which *are* showing up in Calibre-web.

Alternatively, is there any way to force Calibre-web to reload the content from the database - reconnecting using the button in the admin page doesn't seem to make any difference.

9 hours ago, DrBazUK said:

This may be a silly question but is there any limit to the size of the Calibre database that Calibre-web will read?

I've come across an issue where I added a whole bunch of new books using the Calibre interface and the 800+ books added are visible in the Calibre interface but not in the Calibre-web interface.

Total number of books is 4977, can only see up to 4169. Numbers 4170 to 4741 were added on the same day as the preceding 6 or so books which *are* showing up in Calibre-web.

Alternatively, is there any way to force Calibre-web to reload the content from the database - reconnecting using the button in the admin page doesn't seem to make any difference.

Restart the Calibre-web container.

I think there was some issues when you have both calibre and Calibre-web running at the same time.

As far as I know, you don't need Calibre after setting up Calibre-web.

8 hours ago, saarg said:

Restart the Calibre-web container.

I think there was some issues when you have both calibre and Calibre-web running at the same time.

As far as I know, you don't need Calibre after setting up Calibre-web.

Hi,

Have tried that and the weird thing is I have added other books after this using the Calibre interface and these are showing up in Calibre-Web.

I hadn't realised that the Calibre-Web interface permitted the addition of books.

I may have to nuke the 800+ added to Calibre and add them in smaller batches with Calibre-Web offline.

Thanks for the pointers.

7 hours ago, DrBazUK said:

Hi,

Have tried that and the weird thing is I have added other books after this using the Calibre interface and these are showing up in Calibre-Web.

I hadn't realised that the Calibre-Web interface permitted the addition of books.

I may have to nuke the 800+ added to Calibre and add them in smaller batches with Calibre-Web offline.

Thanks for the pointers.

You might have to stop calibre for Calibre-web to pick up the books.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:44 PM, saarg said:

You might have to stop calibre for Calibre-web to pick up the books.

I ended up nuking Calibre-Web, removing the appdata folder and reinstalling - Calibre-Web now finds all the books that I've added previously and shows them in the interface. No idea what happened to it but it's working now.

1 hour ago, DrBazUK said:

I ended up nuking Calibre-Web, removing the appdata folder and reinstalling - Calibre-Web now finds all the books that I've added previously and shows them in the interface. No idea what happened to it but it's working now.

Just in case a similar issue occurs for any other user, I think that the "CaliBlur! Dark theme" was causing issues.

After I reinstalled and using the Standard Theme (light), I could see all my books and could read them within the browser after enabling the option to read in browser.

But when I later switched to using the Dark theme, the issue with missing books returned.

I also noted that the indexing/searching seemed to be broken when using the CaliBlur! theme such that keyword searches returned no results despite there being books tagged with a term in metadata columns and also titled using that same term.

Reverting to LightUI (default) again still had missing content so I nuked the installation a third time, reinstalled and am sticking with the Standard Theme (light). So far, things appear to be showing all my books and they are readable in the browser so I'm content for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Previously everything worked great. Now I changed the share (copied the calibre library to a new share) and changed the docker template accordingly. Unfortunately, now I always get an error message if I want to convert epubs to mobi.

I read that it is a permission problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Already run the unraid NewPerms command (in the WebUI), but that didn't help.

WOuld appreciate some tipps. Thank you :)

Edited by BBenja
  • 1 month later...

Just started using Calibre Web. Everything is lovely! However I do have a couple hurdles to jump. 

• I've successfully imported my calibre library. I have a lot of pruning to do though. Should I be using Calibre to delete duplicate/corrupted books or Calibre-Web? I believe I might be a tad confused. 
  • Both Calibre and Calibre-Web containers are running. Should I just run one?
  • When trying to fetch metadata through Calibre-Web the fetcher does not auto-populate the fields of a book. How do I go about fixing this issue?
  • I believe this is more of a me issue than anything, but is there a way to scan all my books for corrupted files or heck potentially fixing some of my books? These books were rescued from a dying external hard drive and there's a good portion that don't seem to open for one reason or another.

Anyways thank you for all the great work LinuxServer.io team!