We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

GPU pass though query (First time trying KVM)

Dijkstra

So I only got one GPU in my unriad server no onboard graphics so did not know what would happen when I gave my windows VM ownership of it.

So at frist nothing seemed happen so i added the "vnc gpu" back log in the vm that opened up device manger and my gpu was there it had a driver issue so updated it and it started displaying on the thourg the gpu  asweel was kinda messed up with the vnc screen being enbled but when I turn that off in deivce manger it worked as expected so after installing the propper driver with the amd installing it need a reboot and this is the bit I found odd the gpu did not disply anything untill it got to the windows logon screen is this normal am I doing something wrong.

3 hours ago, Dijkstra said:

So I only got one GPU in my unriad server no onboard graphics so did not know what would happen when I gave my windows VM ownership of it.

So at frist nothing seemed happen so i added the "vnc gpu" back log in the vm that opened up device manger and my gpu was there it had a driver issue so updated it and it started displaying on the thourg the gpu  asweel was kinda messed up with the vnc screen being enbled but when I turn that off in deivce manger it worked as expected so after installing the propper driver with the amd installing it need a reboot and this is the bit I found odd the gpu did not disply anything untill it got to the windows logon screen is this normal am I doing something wrong.

I have an hp z400 with no onboard graphics and 2 gpus. One pcie gpu is what it boots unraid with. Then when it autostarts the vm, the screen goes black until the os loads. I don't know if its normal, but it does happen on my system and does not affect usability. The other gpu acts as one would expect.

Archived