Noticed unraid is now on 100MBit/sec

Hi

After recent upgrades I noticed unRaid is running on 100Bit/sec rather than using gigabit.

Actually, since I have speedtest installed, I know when it happened (May 19)

Reboot did not help, restart of router did not either, and pulling out/in of cables also did not help.

What else?

I really hope it isn't running 100 bit/s since that would be really, really slow. It was a very long time since people were using 300 baud modems :P

The most common reason for the network card to switch down to 100 Mbit/s is that you have a bad network cable.

It is quite common that a problematic cable results in a lower link speed effective on a reboot, since that is when the link negotiation is performed with the other side.

If the cable is marginal, than reconnecting the cable may - or may not - solve the issue.

So have you tried to replace the cable with a known-good gbit-capable cable?

Have you tried a different port on the router/switch?

Have you verified that the router/switch itself doesn't have a setting where it may lock down the link speed?

You were right (sort of)

I forgot that unraid was connected directly to the wall. And indeed by quite an old cable..

I took a brand new cat7 and connected this time to Asus access point all other equipment is connected in that corner 

So, maybe the cable, maybe the wall socket.. or the switch on the other end of the wall outlet.. 

Nevermind, now it works