[Support] spikhalskiy - ZeroTier

On 10/27/2023 at 1:10 PM, Monetary5569 said:

That's exactly right. The below solution works but not after reboot, I did what you said and it's working again, this is an Unraid bug.

We should notify this.

I should add some info - at ZeroTier network any docker services at Unraid host may be used without problem, but Unraid gui itself on 80 port need these operations after reboot.

On 11/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, parked-orthodontist1156 said:

I should add some info - at ZeroTier network any docker services at Unraid host may be used without problem, but Unraid gui itself on 80 port need these operations after reboot.

Didn't try that far, but it makes sense because I have the problem with smb shares on unraid that I can't access if I don't do the workaround. 

Edited by Monetary5569

Heya,

Just stumbled upon support for Spikhalskiys Zerotier container , been using it (forever?) and it works , the latest 6.12 network changes are what changed the way unraid listens to interfaces therefore theres a need to add interfaces extra in network section to be able to get to unraid via ZeroTier or Tailscale VPN.

Thank you Spikhalskiy , when 6.12 reboot issue which makes it necessary to re-add the interfaces extra will be fixed it will come back to "just" working as it was before :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2023 at 5:48 PM, Vivent said:

For anyone looking for a solution, I was able to connect to my unraid 6.12.2 from a phone on zerotier 1.10.6.

Just go to settings -> Network Settings. In Routing Table section find your zerotier ip and copy interface name from gateway column. Paste the interface name into "Include listening interfaces" field under Interface Extra section, hit apply, and it should all be working.

image.thumb.png.54404a4dc74b97844a6b65be42d4d55d.png

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but.. my config is as above but I find that whenever the unraid server is powered off or crashes I cannot get access to the unraid server via zerotier.  According to my.zerotier.com the server is up and I can ping it.  I have found that if I add a comma after the zerotier address in the include listening interfaces I can then access again remotely (until another reboot/crash).  I would love to get this fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 8:34 AM, mauriceatkinson@btconnect. said:

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but.. my config is as above but I find that whenever the unraid server is powered off or crashes I cannot get access to the unraid server via zerotier.  According to my.zerotier.com the server is up and I can ping it.  I have found that if I add a comma after the zerotier address in the include listening interfaces I can then access again remotely (until another reboot/crash).  I would love to get this fixed.

Yeah, it's still not fixed, they don't care a bit.