[support] digiblur's Docker Template Repository

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've a question regarding Zigbee2MQTT.

As I searched in the network how to custom configure some parameters, I always found they should be inside the configuration.yml

There you should see something like this for your devices:

immagine.png.aa484b9aef7173a357462e5bc86d785d.png

Unfortunately in my configuration.yml I can only see this:

immagine.png.08040983a75833eda6c487b7884491f0.png

Probably I'm looking at the wrong file pheraps... but where is the file where you can configure the whole things?

Thank you in advice! 🙂

As for unms:

1. Password strength requirement is too strict. I'm only ever going to use it on my LAN, never exposing it anywhere, so who cares even if my password is "password"?

2. OOTB I got a big fat security ohno from the browser, something about the HTTPS certificate being totally crapped out. OOTB it should just work straight away - use HTTP if you have to, but security warnings straight after a fresh install, is a terrible way to onboard users.

3. It's not detecting my one Ubiquiti device - a Wifi AP (the round PoE one, I don't know which one, but the officially-provided Windows software detected it just fine).

4. Why is the set of images that this docker is comprised of, so huge and slow to install? (and to update, presumably) Most dockers install within 5 seconds. This one took almost a minute.

5. It's constantly switching between light mode and dark mode.

6. Please don't call it unms, that's not an easily recognisable name in a list of dockers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've got a strange problem.

My current setup works fine but I have to switch my MQTT-server.

Therefore I download the configuration.yaml and changed the IP and the password. Then I uploaded the file and set the right permissions.

But then the docker will start but I can't enter into the webinterface anymore

Any idea where my fault is?

Thank you. 

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-11 um 19.17.42.png

Edited by Thomas_H
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, gregzee said:

I am a bit confused... Do I need home assistant or not. I didn't think I needed it if I went with the docker option, which I thought I downloaded. If I could avoid home assistant that would be awesome.

Home Assistant for what part? 

• 5 weeks later...

Im just curious when or if the UNMS (UISP) container is going to be updated. The update for the software has been out for some time now. Im not rushing or complaining, but I use this for my business and need to seek alternative if its not going to be updated. Ive used this container for years with no issues and would like to continue using it. Im not very useful with out a package manager but im available if i can help in any way.

5 minutes ago, Telcar said:

Im just curious when or if the UNMS (UISP) container is going to be updated. The update for the software has been out for some time now. Im not rushing or complaining, but I use this for my business and need to seek alternative if its not going to be updated. Ive used this container for years with no issues and would like to continue using it. Im not very useful with out a package manager but im available if i can help in any way.

Looks like it was updated 2 days ago.  https://hub.docker.com/r/nico640/docker-unms

• 1 month later...

The ESPHome docker template has `ESPHOME_DASHBOARD_USE_PING` defined by default. This should really be removed, as *any value* counts as true here; meaning everyone has this flag forced on unless they delete the entry from their install.

The default network mode also needs to be host.

10 minutes ago, Spitko said:

The ESPHome docker template has `ESPHOME_DASHBOARD_USE_PING` defined by default. This should really be removed, as *any value* counts as true here; meaning everyone has this flag forced on unless they delete the entry from their install.

The default network mode also needs to be host.

The ports are mapped to the GUI.  No need to run full bore as host but if the user wants to do so they can change it.  The default is set to false.  If the value of false doesn't work then I would open a bug with ESPHome to correct this issue.  

mdns info won't cross through bridge mode even with forwarded ports, at least in my testing. You can still grab logs and flash it, but they always show offline and won't show for adoption (Unless you use the ping mode, which also prevents adoption discovery).

There's a PR now to accept "false" in this case but it hasn't been accepted yet.

Trying to get ESPHome separated from my HA pi box. I installed the container through CA store, get to the web UI and no devices are shown. I'm able to get into the container console and ping the relevant devices and get a response, seems like network connectivity is there. Not sure if it should be bridge networking or host, have tried both, but can't get the (working in HA) esphome devices to show in the dashboard through the esphome unraid image. Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, BKS said:

Trying to get ESPHome separated from my HA pi box. I installed the container through CA store, get to the web UI and no devices are shown. I'm able to get into the container console and ping the relevant devices and get a response, seems like network connectivity is there. Not sure if it should be bridge networking or host, have tried both, but can't get the (working in HA) esphome devices to show in the dashboard through the esphome unraid image. Any thoughts?

If no devices are showing then you need to add your yaml files from the device you are migrating from. Don't forget your secrets file of you had one. 

19 minutes ago, digiblur said:

If no devices are showing then you need to add your yaml files from the device you are migrating from. Don't forget your secrets file of you had one. 

I've provisioned a new esphome device using USB and https://web.esphome.io, able to connect to the device directly with HTTP. After it is provisioned, I think it should be detected with ESPHome at that point, correct? No config installed on the device itself yet.