82 posts in this topic Last Reply

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With my dive into the Home Automation scene my appetite for additional containers to use on the unRaid server has grown.  All of the templates point to a docker container that I was able to import fro

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

See my previous post about the UNMS issue

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 2:02 PM, b0m541 said:

Is it normal that the UNMS container is so bloated?
unms container: 3.67 GB writable: 1.81 GB log: 28.2 MB

If not, what can I do to get it back to normal?

Add this to extra parameters in the docker config page (you need to click "advanced view")

"--log-opt max-size=10G" without the quotes, this will append the log when it reaches 10Gb. You can set this to what you want though. 

It is normal when the log is allowed to grow as it pleases. 

22 hours ago, Abnorm said:

Add this to extra parameters in the docker config page (you need to click "advanced view")

"--log-opt max-size=10G" without the quotes, this will append the log when it reaches 10Gb. You can set this to what you want though. 

This may be normal for this container, I wouldn't call it optimal.

So you are right, the logs count against "Writable" instead of "Log", and actually the logs should be placed in the log folder on appdata...

But hey, you get what you pay for and thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 12:33 PM, Abnorm said:

how can i prevent this from happening again? Can i export the logs somewhere else?

On 10/1/2020 at 5:35 AM, gbdavidx said:

how can i prevent this from happening again? Can i export the logs somewhere else?

you might be able to reconfigure the log location, adding a location in your variables but you'll need to look into the unms config files i presume. I have not tried it myself, maybe @digiblur have some ideas ? Maybe it would be possible to setup the docker to let us configure log locations ourselves? 

• 2 months later...