(SOLVED) First time using Unraid, won't boot.

Hi all, first time user here.  Currently using win10 and plex to stream to rokus around the house.  I have to expand my storage and build in some redundancy so I figured I'd give Unraid a shot.  So far I've created the boot USB drive using the "getting started" instructions.  Its a 32gb sandisk cruzer fit.  Unraid boots fine in my main gaming rig, but will not boot up in the media box; the screen is just blank. Media Box is running ASUS H87Iplus - Bios v 2003 11/05/2014, with i5-4670 onboard gpu.

Things I've tried:

A different 2gb usb drive (again boots fine in gaming machine)

Fast boot: on/off

Multiple USB ports 3.0/2.0

UEFI: on/off

Mass Storage - Forced FDD/Auto

There's other settings in the bios related to USB (USB legacy support, Intel xHCI, EHCI hand-off) but I'm not sure what they do...

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by Mike G

I have this mobo but unfortunately running headless. I believe I did have to do something with legacy support originally, but I don't know if that is what I have currently since UEFI booting became available for unRAID. If you don't get it going I will try to take mine down sometime this weekend and attach a monitor to see what I have.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 3:51 PM, benediktleb said:

Thank you so much! I know this thread is old, but I'm sure people will eventually have the problem on an Asrock J4125B board, too. Removing the dash worked.

This saved me as well ! Currently running 6.8.3.

Thank you so much !!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, Mike G said:

Solution!!  Set "Legacy USB" to disable, in CSM change all to UEFI first.  Boots like a champ.  Thanks!

Reporting in from Oct 2021 and this post helped me fix my upgrade to an Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO motherboard. Specifically, it was the latter CSM bit that helped me.

Thank you for the post/thread!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...