[solved] new build - need mobo recommendations

Hi guys, im really out of the loop on hardware and therefore need your help. I have a friend who wants to build a unraid system, he has some recently acquired parts but needs a decent mobo, here is the list of requirements (cpu and ram already purchased), if anybody knows of a mobo that matches the below required (and maybe some of the wish list) then please reply with the make and model of the motherboard.

Required
6 x SATA 3 or more, non RAID (obviously)
Support for intel 8th gen core i5 CPU with socket 1151
Compatible with non ECC unbuffered RAM (Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz) 2 x 8GB thus require 2 or more slots
1 x 24 pin main psu connector, 1 x 8 pin CPU power connector
1 x Gigabit NIC

Wish list
USB port on mobo for internal insertion of USB key
4 x RAM slots
IPMI
VGA or DVI fine, ideally not HDMI but can be worked around.

Total cost for mobo should not exceed 150 GBP

Thanks!.

Edited by binhex
2 hours ago, binhex said:

Hi guys, im really out of the loop on hardware and therefore need your help. I have a friend who wants to build a unraid system, he has some recently acquired parts but needs a decent mobo, here is the list of requirements (cpu and ram already purchased), if anybody knows of a mobo that matches the below required (and maybe some of the wish list) then please reply with the make and model of the motherboard.

Required
6 x SATA 3 or more, non RAID (obviously)
Support for intel 8th gen core i5 CPU with socket 1151
Compatible with non ECC unbuffered RAM (Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz) 2 x 8GB thus require 2 or more slots
1 x 24 pin main psu connector, 1 x 8 pin CPU power connector
1 x Gigabit NIC

Wish list
USB port on mobo for internal insertion of USB key
4 x RAM slots
IPMI
VGA or DVI fine, ideally not HDMI but can be worked around.

Total cost for mobo should not exceed 150 GBP

Thanks!.

I'm not a hardware guy, but I think he's going to be pushing it to get required and wish list all for under £150 knowing UK prices.

I'm not a hardware guy, but I think he's going to be pushing it to get required and wish list all for under £150 knowing UK prices.
Well wish list is just that, as long as required is doable then that's fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you'll probably need to drop IPMI from your wishlist, and probably the on-board USB slot.  Those are "server class" features (i.e. Xeon) and the 8th gen chips have only been released as consumer class chips (i.e. Core iX).  Is there any required form factor for the mb?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PRIME-H370-PLUS-Motherboard-Socket/dp/B07BR86775/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528913131&sr=8-1&keywords=H370-prime

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PRIME-H370M-PLUS-Prime-H370M/dp/B07BP6W357/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1528913220&sr=1-1&keywords=H370M-prime

The shop I work for sells these products, they're solid consumer boards. They're also CSM boards so ASUS will have these boards around (for RMA context). 

These are consumer boards so no IMPI or the USB-A header on the MLB. However these boards have plenty of internal USB ports so, something like this (USB3) or this (USB2) are cheap and not prone to failure - they're just not that sexy.  

Hope that's helpful. 

Edited by Jcloud

Thanks Jcloud, those boards also look pretty damn good, ive actually gone with the Asrock board that ken-ji linked to, i got confirmation from another member on here that has the same board that its all working well, so that was enough to sway me to go for it. 

Thanks again guys for all the suggestions and comments, really appreciated.