unRAID OS version 6.5.3 available

13 minutes ago, nickp85 said:

Updated from 6.5.3rc2 to 6.5.3 and got my first ever kernel panic since I started using unraid in December.

hoping it’s not related to the update...

picture attached from the display. Not sure if there’s a better way to get the logs.

398A774E-734E-4A9F-8553-C05D155120AD.jpeg

I had similar results also upgrading from 6.5.3-rc2 to 6.5.3. Trurl: "Make a copy of the config folder from flash. Prepare flash as for a new install. Copy config folder back."

1 minute ago, jpowell8672 said:

I had similar results also upgrading from 6.5.3-rc2 to 6.5.3. Trurl: "Make a copy of the config folder from flash. Prepare flash as for a new install. Copy config folder back."

So shut down the server, take out the flash drive, plug it into my laptop, copy config folder off, wipe drive, prepare as a new unraid flash drive with 6.5.3 and then copy config folder back?

thah will preserve 100% of everything? Nothing lost?  Sorry I’m just nervous about taking any extreme action such as that lol

• Like 1
On 6/13/2018 at 6:08 PM, NNate said:

Hmmm, I didn't get it either during this upgrade  (6.5.2 -> 6.5.3) for some reason. I moved around the interface and refreshed pages, but it never showed up for me.

I'm pretty sure I moved to another tab and returned to main, or refreshed (F5) the browser page, and still didn't see the message.

I just upgraded and it's telling me I have too many devices connected.  I have a cache drive, Parity drive, 4 disks, & one unassigned drive.  I've had this set up for a year now with no problems, but now that I upgraded it's telling me I have too many attached devices.  I'm doing this remotely and can't unplug the unassigned drive.  Any ideas?

47 minutes ago, PaDadof2 said:

I just upgraded and it's telling me I have too many devices connected.  I have a cache drive, Parity drive, 4 disks, & one unassigned drive.  I've had this set up for a year now with no problems, but now that I upgraded it's telling me I have too many attached devices.  I'm doing this remotely and can't unplug the unassigned drive.  Any ideas?

Well the basic limit is 6 devices, I guess you could downgrade back to a version that worked for you and then sort out an upgrade to your license then upgrade to 6.5.3 again.

1 hour ago, PaDadof2 said:

What license do you have?      The check on the number of devices is only carried out when starting the array, so if you have the Basic license then you probably did not have the unassigned device connected when you last started the array.

Neither of my GUI modes work anymore.....???

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 80
label unRAID OS (stubbed NIC,HD Audio,USB)
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append vfio-pci.ids=8086:1521,8086:8d20,1022:3102 initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode (stubbed NIC, HD Audio,USB)
  kernel /bzimage
  append vfio-pci.ids=8086:1521,8086:8d20,1022:3102 initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label unRAID OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

Will report back if W10 VMs still freeze and crash regularly

33 minutes ago, itimpi said:

What license do you have?      The check on the number of devices is only carried out when starting the array, so if you have the Basic license then you probably did not have the unassigned device connected when you last started the array.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Well the basic limit is 6 devices, I guess you could downgrade back to a version that worked for you and then sort out an upgrade to your license then upgrade to 6.5.3 again.

I was under the impression that unassigned devices didn't count towards your license.  Regardless, I upgraded to the next level, so I can add more 8TB drives :)

I've noticed that FT232 Serial module that I've used for awhile started echoing any written data back after update, despite echo turned off in port settings

root@SERVER:~# stty -a -F /dev/ttyUSB0
speed 4800 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q;
stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; discard = ^O; min = 0; time = 0;
parenb -parodd -cmspar cs7 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -ixon -ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel -iutf8
-opost -olcuc -ocrnl -onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt -echoctl -echoke -flusho -extproc

2 hours ago, PaDadof2 said:

I was under the impression that unassigned devices didn't count towards your license.  Regardless, I upgraded to the next level, so I can add more 8TB drives :)

Just to clarify, all devices attached to the server at the time the array is started count regardless of whether they are being used by unRAID.  Once the array is started then you can plug in additional drives that will show up under Unassigned Devices.  However since you upgraded your unRAID license this clarification is probably no longer relevant :) 

42 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Ok, I'm still getting freezes since upgrading from RC1 and I've just had my first VM crash ?  Am I the only person having problems (GUI mode stopped working, SMB settings wiped out and constant freezes and frequent VM crashes? with 6.5.3?

highlander-diagnostics-20180615-0905.zip

I'm new to unRAID, though it looks like if a problem arises when upgrading to a stable version from an RC version, then...

On 6/13/2018 at 7:14 PM, nickp85 said:

So shut down the server, take out the flash drive, plug it into my laptop, copy config folder off, wipe drive, prepare as a new unraid flash drive with 6.5.3 and then copy config folder back...

Edited by DoItMyselfToo
19 hours ago, DZMM said:

I had custom SMB settings that were wiped out during the upgrade to 6.5.3 from 6.5.3rc1.   Bummer

Edit:  Don't suppose they are backed up anywhere? 

if you use "Community Applications Backup / Restore AppData" app the file will be "smb-extra.conf " in the "USB_Backup/config/" dir.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, zoggy said:

if you use "Community Applications Backup / Restore AppData" app the file will be "smb-extra.conf " in the "USB_Backup/config/" dir.

Thank you Zoggy - didn't think of that.  I'd actually recreated, but seeing the backup was helpful as I'd forgotten to add a user to a couple of my shares.

• Like 1