New Unraid user have few questions

I am long time OMV (open media vault) user , keep using OMV since 2.0 .
 I am very happy with OMV with all its function. But I want to setup my home server as a HTPC , PLEX in back ground and watch on projector via GPU pass through.
 So I try many different way. KVM in OMV, proxmox , esxi. The main purpose is have a nas and windows running at the same time.
 Because I am using nvidia GPU so the pass through is nightmare. The only success one was on proxmox , but it's very unstable.

And I lose the ability to spin down my hard drive. I have 4 X 3TB hard drive and one SSD and one drive for download. I just afraid my bill will go up crazy.
So at last I back to using windows 10 + install OMV in hyper-V. It's working fine, but there is no reason to keep windows open 24/7
Then I google awhile and got this new solution unraid.

With unraid i can got all the hard drive power manager working and using VM with gpu pass though easily (I am surprise).
 I have experience with docker in OMV and it's all the same in unraid. Setup via ssh in min.

But I still have few question.

I am using test usb which is a super old 4gb flash drive. I want to upgrade to a smaller sandisk ultra fit.
 What do i need to do? I try to install the unraid on sandisk but it not allow me to boot.
 And i am using 30 days trail, if I purchased. Does it mean i need to keep using the flash drive which register? Is the key transferable?

On the VM setup , do i need to set the initial memory same as max? I am using windows 7 I set it initial 1GB and max 4GB. I got 98% memory usage on task manager. But if I set initial 3GB and max 3GB it's all back to normal running 20-40%.

I have one drive is set as zfs_member . How could i mount and transfer the data?

Edited by tleung927
2 hours ago, tleung927 said:

And i am using 30 days trail, if I purchased. Does it mean i need to keep using the flash drive which register? Is the key transferable?

Can I move my unRAID Trial config to a new flash device before purchasing a key?

Yes.  Simply prepare the new flash device per the normal setup process, then copy the config folder from the previous flash device onto the new device, then boot up using the new device and purchase a registration key.

You can also transfer the registration from one key to another once per year.

I try to install the unraid on sandisk but it not allow me to boot.

You would need to elaborate a bit on what's going on.

On the VM setup , do i need to set the initial memory same as max?

Generally, yes you do.

I have one drive is set as zfs_member . How could i mount and transfer the data?

You could use the ZFS plugin to mount the drive.