Syncing filesystem after upgrade

Hey all,

Every time there's an unRAID update I mean to post this question.. so I'm finally doing it.

On my main server.. every time there's an update, the server gets to the part where it syncs before reporting plugin updated and informing you of a reboot. My main server (I have 2 others that update as expected) never leaves the syncing phase. It will just sit there all "..." for hours if I let it. Every time there's an update, I normally wait a few minutes and reboot the server and never have an issue. However, it's always there at the back of my mind wondering why.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a known fix?

Thanks!

Hey Squid!

I always shut the array down before doing an update to avoid that kind of stuff. I don't have anything going on like a preclear or what have you.

The flash drive is pretty old..  it's a Lexar bought directly from Lime maybe pre-4.x..  or during 4.x at the latest.

6 hours ago, spall said:

I haven't checked the flash drive. Is there a way to do that without pulling it and mounting it in Windows?

There's fsck.fat command which might work (assuming FAT32 on your usb) in maintenance mode pointed at the /dev/ of your USB device, otherwise yup Windows side machine. (Sorry my Linux-cli isn't the best).