Connection lost in vm since 6.5.3 update

Hello,

Since I updated to 6.5.3, my VMs lose their connections systematically after a certain time.

I checked all my configuration but nothing abnormal and if I try to repair the connection from the VM is a systematic blue screen!

I have the virtIO drivers up to date and I do not know what to do. I'm wasting a lot of time and my VMs do not work anymore because of that!

Thanks for giving me some leads

23 hours ago, NY152 said:

I checked all my configuration but nothing abnormal and if I try to repair the connection from the VM is a systematic blue screen!

If your VM is in an HD file I would shut down the VM and make a backup of the VM. Then I would restart the VM and try and do an in-place repair install of Windows (of the same build number) and then see if the Windows VM is behaving itself afterwards. 

It might also be worth it to build a new a new VM, just to see if it behaves the same as your current VMs; this might give a clue as to whether the issue was the unraid/KVM or an internal issue with the VMs. 

That's where/what I would start off with.

EDIT: if you want to start off with some less drastic measures to try here are some command line things to try (assuming Windows here, you did say blue screen): These will require an Administrator power-shell or command prompt. 

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter.

That command goes through the Windows msi and driver store and will replace any corrupted files - can help, but no guarantees here. 

netsh winsock reset

Edited by Jcloud