emby/ Kodi Profile/ Unraid configuration

Hi.  I'm sure this is not the right place for this, but don't know where to post.  Hope someone can help also.

I use kodi on Raspberry Pi 3, streaming from Unraid NAS.  I recently installed emby, on Unraid as a docker container.  Emby handles the media properly so far.  I'd also like to use profiles for Kodi.  So each Emby user has their own restrictions, and watched status.  The convenience of emby is no need to maintain a headless kodi.  But without a headless kodi, where will the profiles be stored?  I have 3 kodi devices in the house.

6 hours ago, jang430 said:

each Emby user has their own restrictions, and watched status

This is the way emby works. No need for any additional configuration or external add ons.

6 hours ago, jang430 said:

where will the profiles be stored?

The emby server keeps track of permissions and watched status. The client can be any that are supported, from web browser to smartphone, whatever. The users are managed purely on the emby server itself.

Either you have to set up profiles on each kodi device and configure each profile to log in to the corresponding emby profile so whenever you change kodi profile it with log into the same emby profile. Or you can just switch the emby user directly in the emby for kodi settings/log on screen. I don't know if you use emby for kodi plugin or embycon, but I would think the easiest would be to just log in with a different emby user whenever you want to "switch profiles". I mean, in any case, you will at some point have to log in to a profile to switch user. Whether it's a kodi profile or emby profile it's up top you (but in the end you'll end up switching the embyuser anyway). But IMO it's a lot more work to setup profiles on each kodi device then it is to just switch emby user at the logon screen/settings.