Yet an other split level question.

I'm just now setting up my shares and before i start copying over all my data i want to make sure i've made the right settings.

Im going to have the following file structure. [see picture]

I want each movie / tv show to stay on the same disk ie movie.tite / show.name. i e all seasons should be on the same disk.

Should i choose split the top two directory....

/ Luke

Untitled.jpgScreen Shot 2018-06-16 at 11.07.00.png

Edited by Luke_Starkiller
3 hours ago, _jonte said:

I'd like do do pretty much the same. But not sure  how this works in detail.

Do I simply create the folders illustrated above manually on separate disks, and then Unraid will automatically keep that structure with subfolders?

No. Using this example you would create a Media share. Create folders in the share titled movies[4k], tv-shows and movies. UnRAID would split this level as required but anything below this level would all be contained on a single disk. For example, if I add a folder Lost In Space (2018) to tv-shows then everything in the Lost In Space folder would be contained on a single disk since only the top two levels are being split.

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

No. Using this example you would create a Media share. Create folders in the share titled movies[4k], tv-shows and movies. UnRAID would split this level as required but anything below this level would all be contained on a single disk. For example, if I add a folder Lost In Space (2018) to tv-shows then everything in the Lost In Space folder would be contained on a single disk since only the top two levels are being split.

I think I get it now.. 

So basically, all TV-shows will be distributed on all disks, but say all files within "Lost in Space" will be kept on the same disk. Correct?

If I'd want all TV-shows on the same disk, I could choose to split at the top level? 

15 minutes ago, _jonte said:

I think I get it now.. 

So basically, all TV-shows will be distributed on all disks, but say all files within "Lost in Space" will be kept on the same disk. Correct?

If I'd want all TV-shows on the same disk, I could choose to split at the top level? 

Yes, or just create a tv-show share and assign a single disk to it.