Size of data on disk, Windows or unRAID which is correct?

What makes you think the Windows view is correct!   Both UnRAID and Krusader seem to basically agree on the space used.  

Have you tried drilling down down into the Downloads are to see what files are visible at the Windows Level and what ones are visible via Krusader?

The fact that the number of folders/files shown are vastly different on the Windows and Krusader screenshots suggests that either they are not looking at the same point or that there are files present that are not being seen from the Windows system.    The Krusader view (presumably running a docker) is working at the raw Linux Level while the Windows one is restricted to what is visible at the Share Level.   I would suggest that you want to go to the unRAID Tools menu and run the Docker Safe version of the New Permissions tool to see if that changes the results.    If it does that would suggest you have a docker running that is creating files/folders with permissions that stop the folders/files being seen at the Share Level.

Edited by itimpi
  • Upvote 1
On 6/17/2018 at 7:08 AM, itimpi said:

What makes you think the Windows view is correct!   Both UnRAID and Krusader seem to basically agree on the space used.  

Have you tried drilling down down into the Downloads are to see what files are visible at the Windows Level and what ones are visible via Krusader?

The fact that the number of folders/files shown are vastly different on the Windows and Krusader screenshots suggests that either they are not looking at the same point or that there are files present that are not being seen from the Windows system.    The Krusader view (presumably running a docker) is working at the raw Linux Level while the Windows one is restricted to what is visible at the Share Level.   I would suggest that you want to go to the unRAID Tools menu and run the Docker Safe version of the New Permissions tool to see if that changes the results.    If it does that would suggest you have a docker running that is creating files/folders with permissions that stop the folders/files being seen at the Share Level.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, the reason I think the Windows view is correct it because I just copied all the data using windows in the /Downloads folder to another disk and it is 290GB 446 files but Krusdar shows in /mnt/user/Downloads 1.7TB 7809 Files.

I have run the docker safe perms as suggested but nothing has changed, please see the screenshots below... Apologies if this is a stupid mistake on my part but I keep running out of space on Disk 8 (My downloads disk) but I cannnot find where the files are to clean it up?

disk1.JPG

disk2.JPG

disk3.JPG

Are you running a resilio sync docker on unraid? If so, it's creating files on the drive with permissions that don't allow windows to see or manipulate them. That may be perfectly normal, but I don't know since I don't use it.

Best thing to do would be read through the support thread for that docker, and if nobody has brought it up, ask there.

• Like 1

ok! thanks so much for your help! after some more digging I found a hidden archive folder in the .sync folder that was storing all files that were deleted! this was a feature in Resiliosync that is enabled by default and I have now disabled it and deleted the folders... Thanks so much for your time. ?

14 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Thanks for your reply, the reason I think the Windows view is correct it because I just copied all the data using windows in the /Downloads folder to another disk and it is 290GB 446 files but Krusdar shows in /mnt/user/Downloads 1.7TB 7809 Files.

Windows can only copy the files Windows can see.

So if there are thousands of files Windows can't see, these files will not be visible in the properties page. And they will not be available in the destination directory if you have Windows copy the files to some other directory.

• Like 1