Looking for suggestions. Bought 9207-8i

I got this card off eBay and I've did some research just to see if it's real. I don't really know but they have a 9205-8i and if you look at the small print that's what it say. But from what I've found there the same chip from what I've found. These are often from hp with another name as h220. This is my very first HBA and I'm currently waiting for my sas breakout cable before I can actually test it with any drives. But I did manage to throw it in a pc just to check it out. Not my unraid server. What you think? Everything looks good. I could probably update it to the latest firmware but that's something I really know nothing about. 

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

FWIW, my opinion on firmware updates for anything:

Anything I ever buy, I always ensure its running the latest version immediately after I verify that the part itself actually works.  (IE: I update it the same day or next day after installation)

After that, unless I have a problem I pretty much never bother updating anything.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:09 PM, Squid said:

FWIW, my opinion on firmware updates for anything:

Anything I ever buy, I always ensure its running the latest version immediately after I verify that the part itself actually works.  (IE: I update it the same day or next day after installation)

After that, unless I have a problem I pretty much never bother updating anything.

Well I thought I would just try it out like I said this is my first hba card. And after changing so it will not boot into bios or os its working great without even changing a thing. I might just leave it be but the speeds are so much better from sata2 to this sata3. But if I did ever want to update you got any good suggestions?