Getting Preserve User Defined Networks and Creating a Custom Network?

I'm trying to run Heimdall behind a Letsencrypt reverse proxy. To do this apparently I need to set up a custom network as written in this readme, and add the 2 docker containers "letsencrypt" and "heimdall" to the network in the advanced docker settings: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-letsencrypt/blob/master/root/defaults/proxy-confs/_readme

Line 28:

- If you are using unraid, create a custom network in command line, then go to docker service settings (under advanced) and
set the option "Preserve user defined networks:" to "Yes". Then in each container setting, do one of the following:
1) Unraid 6.5.0 or earlier - (under advanced) add "--network=[networkname]" into "Extra Parameters".
2) Unraid 6.5.1 or later - in the network type dropdown, select "Custom : [networkname]".

You would have to do the above for the letsencrypt container as well, so they are all on the same custom network.

I created a Custom network with:

docker network create web

Not sure if it requires more args than just that, but I couldn't find much information on making custom networks.

Changed the Network config on my Docker apps to use: [custom : web]

Still seems that the Preserve User Defined Networks option is set to "No" as shown below, with no way to change it to "Yes":

docker1.thumb.png.15dd770d8c1585176406a591ef4dd7a3.png

What's left to do here? My server's default network adapter is a bridged connection between 2 Gigabit Ethernet network adapters, if that is important to mention.

Edited by plantsandbinary
  • 4 weeks later...

Stop the docker service - in the Docker setting, set Enable Docker to NO

You'll be able to fiddle with the settings now.

Set Preserve User Defined Networks to YES

Start the docker service - set Enable Docker to YES

Then any docker networks should now persist.