Thinking about purchasing Unraid Unlimited but need help with HBA recommendations and other stuff with the software

On 6/29/2018 at 4:12 AM, johnnie.black said:

1907587137_2018-03-0412_46_58.thumb.jpg.3b80addddf59c04557afc19efc7f0e59.jpg

Johnnie,

I was thinking about doing something similar, wbut what is the top board in the pic? is that just a board to power the system on? what board is it?

Update:

My wife was able to figure out what the code was. for anyone wondering. Supermicro JBPWR2. (AKA   CSE-PTJBOD-CB1)

Thanks

Edited by almulder
8 hours ago, almulder said:

I was thinking of creating a relay circuit instead, so that when one powers on it powers on the second setup, then if first one powers off the second one powers off without having to press the button on the second case manually.. (BTW nice setup)

You can do that with two wires from the PSU of one to the other. Here is a commercial adapter, but you would need to custom wire it anyway because of the two different cases instead of two PSU's in the same case.

https://www.newegg.com/p/35Y-000B-00009?Item=9SIA85V3DG9612&Tpk=9SIA85V3DG9612

You are connecting the power on signal wire and the ground wires on both supplies together. Technically if you can guarantee a solid ground through the mains power to case ground on both cases all you need is a single wire, as the signal to turn on an ATX power supply is simply grounding the specific pin on the 24 pin PSU connector.

• Like 1