Upgrading cache drive

Just now, superloopy1 said:

and your link just goes to the end for me.

Something wrong with your browser them links are correct, but here it is:

How do I replace/upgrade my single cache device? (unRAID v6.2 and above only)

This procedure assumes that there are at least some dockers and/or VMs related files on the cache disk, some of these steps are unnecessary if there aren't.

• Stop all running Dockers/VMs
  • Settings -> VM Manager: disable VMs and click apply
  • Settings -> Docker: disable Docker and click apply
  • Click on Shares and change to "Yes" all cache shares with "Use cache disk:" set to "Only" or "Prefer"
  • Check that there's enough free space on the array and invoke the mover by clicking "Move Now" on the Main page
  • When the mover finishes check that your cache is empty (any files on the cache root will not be moved as they are not part of any share)
  • Stop array, replace cache device, assign it, start array and format new cache device (if needed), check that it's using the filesystem you want
  • Click on Shares and change to "Prefer" all shares that you want moved back to cache
  • On the Main page click "Move Now"
  • When the mover finishes re-enable Docker and VMs
1 hour ago, superloopy1 said:

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Something wrong with your browser

It's a tapatalk thing with relation to forum links.  

Clicking any link referencing a particular post via tapatalk will take you to either the first post or the last post of the thread.  It will never take you to the correct comment.

Workaround is to press and hold the link and then tell tapatalk to open in browser instead.

Edited by Squid

It's a tapatalk thing with relation to forum links.  

Clicking any link referencing a particular post via tapatalk will take you to either the first post or the last post of the thread.  It will never take you to the correct comment.

Workaround is to press and hold the link and then tell tapatalk to open in browser instead.

Thanks all.

I didnt know that about links and will switch to web view from now on. Pressing and holding the link doesnt seem to work for me in TT.

Well ... that all went reasonably well and all i have left on the cache drive is a docker image and, what appears to be a ghost share entry. Can i just delete the docker image and recreate it when docker is restarted eithout any adverse effect? As for the ghost ...it references a share which, when looking at the collective share shows the files as being on disk1 only yet when looking at it from the cache iself shows on there also. So two differing views but will it stop me emptying the cache disk completely. Or should i just pull the cache drive, replace it and see whats left?

4 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

Update ... mover ran last night and has now cleaned up the ghost entry so i'm only asking about that docker image ...

Was the docker service disabled when the mover ran?

If you have a docker tab available in the GUI, it won't move the docker image, and if you reenable docker after the move and the vdisk location references /mnt/cache or the system share is cache prefer the image will be recreated on the cache.

• 1 year later...