Unable to Access Shares.

Hi I have looked through the forums for answer to this question..So far have not seen any.

I have Windows 10 Pro and I cannot access any of my shares from Tower? When I click to expand the Network. Tower does not show (but does on my laptop) and I cannot gain access to my shares such as Movies, TV Shows etc?

I think this is a Windows 10 Pro issue as I've just built this new computer with a Ryzen 2600x and my old system I got access on Windows 10 Home.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You.

In the latest update of Windows 10. Microsoft have removed HomeGroup ? It is no longer available on my Pc. So, can I connect an external USB drive to the Unraid server and transfer Movies/Tv Shows that way? Or is there a  "workaround" to transfer files over the internet?

In the latest update of Windows 10. Microsoft have removed HomeGroup ? It is no longer available on my Pc. So, can I connect an external USB drive to the Unraid server and transfer Movies/Tv Shows that way? Or is there a  "workaround" to transfer files over the internet?

Try enabling SMB1.0/CIFS support in Control Panel (Turn Windows features on or off). If this is disabled, especially the SMB 1.0/CIFS server, unRAID server and shares will not show up in Windows network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 hours ago, Aian65 said:

Hi Hoopster. Thanks very much for replying... Can you give me that simplified?  Do I go into Control Panel on  Windows? Where do I access SMB1.0/CIFS? Sorry my knowledge of networking is limited...

In Windows Control Panel go to Programs and Features and select the option Turn Windows features on or off.

Make sure there is a check mark in the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support box.  If not, expand this and enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS Server.  Client is not really needed but I enable it anyway.

You might also want to check the status of SMB Direct.  Enable it if it is disabled.

Hope this helps.

image.png.80820749e565ba751c25c20692df1225.png

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1
  • 8 months later...