Unraid Server Directory Structure

What are you trying to learn?

Do you want to get familiar with linux in general?

Do you need the differences between a typical linux install and unraid?

Do you have a specific file you need to get to?

If you are starting from zero linux knowledge and want to gain familiarity, the answer as to where to look for information is much different than if you need to find a specific file.

Dockers in general have their own internal OS structure, and only map what is needed. In the case of binhex's krusader, I believe the mapped /media folder defaults to /mnt/user, so the only part of unraid that is exposed to that specific docker is your shares, in the /media folder.

Keep in mind that unRAID's default set-up is having User Shares enabled and Disk Shares disabled.  So the idea of looking around the directory tree to see the logical connection between files, folders and disks, just isn't the same up front.  The files, folders, and disks are arranged but what is "seen" by the user is managed under the veil of User Shares.  It really is to prevent a very novice user from inadvertently wiping out their array.  It's a different mindset.

The Docker Krusader has an internal file structure that has pointers (Container Path) to places on your array (Host Path).  So, you set-up what is visible inside the Docker container for Krusader.  You can have the container path point to whatever you like in your host path.  Do you want to see your unRAID flash drive, then map it as the host path.

Have you watched Spaceinvader One's Krusader video on Youtube?

Was this at all helpful?  Sorry if it wasn't.  It was a stab in the dark, because your question was kind of broad.  Keep these things in mind.  Your unRAID OS is on your flash drive.  Your data is on your array disks.  The parity disk holds calculations for data recovery, not the data itself.

IF you want to need to explorer the entire Linux File system, you will have to SSH (PuTTY is an excellent Terminal program to use)  into the server and work from the command line.  There is a semi-graphical file manager for the command line, called   mc   and you can get a manual for m(aster)c(ommander) by googling    Linux mc manual  

IF you are a complete noob when it comes to Linux, google   Linux basics    and look at the topic suggestions to further refine your search.    

2 hours ago, whwunraid said:

I am working with Emby Support on an issue with the Docker app, so I assumed the path they asked me to look into should be relative to the docker (makes sense after the above clarification).

Thanks Guys...

Left click on the docker in question on the dashboard, and click on console. The window that pops up is a command line inside the docker container, which you can navigate using standard linux console commands (ls cd etc)

• 8 months later...

I am also interested in this, but the answers are not relevant. I want to know what files are on what drive - in the rare case that a drive fails during parity rebuild. This way I know for sure what I lost. - It would be AWESOME if the system built this as the first step to a rebuild - as this is the only REALLY vulnerable time for the array.

24 minutes ago, Steve-0 said:

I am also interested in this, but the answers are not relevant. I want to know what files are on what drive - in the rare case that a drive fails during parity rebuild. This way I know for sure what I lost. - It would be AWESOME if the system built this as the first step to a rebuild - as this is the only REALLY vulnerable time for the array.

You can have you wish here via user script from here:

• Like 1