Libre/OpenELEC Xorg Server error

Morning!

So i've been playing around trying to get my GT1030 passthrough working for a VM. I'm running an ITX board (1 slot), Ryzen 1700 and a NVIDIA GT1030 connected via HDMI to a TV. I've always run my unRaid headless, however my plan is to run a VM with PMP or Kodi output on the TV, in place of the TV apps, which can be laggy and cumbersome.

I have managed to get a Win 10 VM working using SpaceInvaderOne's vids (editing the VBIOS file, deleting the initial lines).

However when trying an OpenELEC or LibreELEC VM (pre-packed unraid template), i'm getting no output using OVMF BIOS.

I changed to SeaBIOS and now my output reads "Failed to start Xorg Server". See "systemstl status xorg.service" for details. How do I find this file?

As well as the "Dependency failed for Fluxbox Window Manager"

The VM runs fine when using VNC, so i'm not sure of the problem. I've searched through forums but I can't seem to find an answer. Closest I found was this, where i'm having the same problem. The guess in this post was that maybe the 1030 wasn't supported.

Can anyone provide assistance?

TIA

21 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

You'll need to use a custom install using the Linux template.

The GT1030 wasn't supported until LibreELEC 8.2.0, and the latest unRAID image is for 7.0.1

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318937&pid=2623794#pid2623794

Thanks @tjb_altf4, I used the LibreELEC generic img from the LibreELEC site, managed to figure out installation and got it working. Cheers!

Additional questions...is there a good repo or something somewhere to download custom libre/open .img's? ie PMP embedded or some with Spotify or others?

2nd, I was using the Plex app on my Samsung Smart TV to stream from my unraid PMS docker no worries. 4K movies would stream nice n smooth.

I've loaded my SMB media shares in Kodi (and also the Plex add-on), and since using the VM, i'm getting stuttered playback of 4K movies, and the plex add-on gets a playback failed error. I'm assuming this is due to the 28Mbps bitrate, but it used to work fine using the plex app on the tv. I was thinking perhaps the Samba shares were bottlenecking it a bit, and wondered if you could map an unraid share directly to a VM, similar to dockers (/mnt/user/Media = /Media). Apparently this is called 9P, so I tried following instructions here. Do the below 'unRAID Share' and 'unRAID Mount tag' configure the XML automatically? Because I can't seem to find the share in the VM folders anywhere.

image.png.c128b5e0d414b2d1e87a4e868e9bcdf0.png