Replacing failed drive with new drive larger than parity.

Hi, I had a drive failure and I'm replacing it with a new drive that is larger than the parity. I am following this procedure https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/The_parity_swap_procedure

I made it to step 13 where it copied the parity drive over to the new drive to make it become the new parity drive (ran all night). Then when trying to follow step 14 to start the array and start the rebuild process, nothing would happen. I would click start and the page would hang until I refreshed the page, which would bring me right back to the same page as if I never clicked the start button. I then clicked reboot but after waiting 10min for it to reboot with nothing else to do I just held the power button down to kill it and start it up again. Now the server is back up and it looks like I'll have to start the parity copy process all over again... I'm not sure if I should do that because step 13 implies that the parity disk was zero'd after it was completed... so if I copy again would I just be erasing my parity?

Any ideas anyone? Should I just start the copy again and hope it starts up after it is finished this time?

Before giving a definitive answer I would like to see your diagnostics, even though you have rebooted. It will at least give us an indication of the health of all your disks.

Step 13 says

the remainder of the new parity drive will be zeroed.

This just means those parts of the new parity disk that were beyond the size of the old parity disk will be zeroed, which would be the correct parity for those parts of the new parity.

It should be OK to restart the parity copy from the beginning. If you had posted your diagnostics before rebooting we might have been able to see what the problem was and whether or not it would be OK to just invalidate the disk to be rebuilt (old parity disk which becomes new data disk). But since we don't have anything to go on except your (possibly incomplete) description I think doing it all over again would be best. And if you do have problems again be sure to get the diagnostics and post them before attempting anything else.

Might be good to see if anybody else has anything to say about this. I don't remember if there was  a known problem with the parity swap on some recent version of unRAID or not, for example.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for clearing up my question about the zeroing of the parity drive. Sorry I didn't have much info, was in a hurry and heading out when I wrote the post and haven't gotten a chance to sit at the computer again since. I'll start the parity copy again when I do. Where do I get the diagnostics you're speaking of? Downloading the smart report for each drive or something?