Jump to content
1812

unRaid HP Proliant Edition - RMRR Error Patching

109 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

6.7 rc4 available in top of thread.

 

also, check out the Qemu patch for your PCIe devices included in this rc!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6.7.0 final release now in top of thread
I've spoken to Annabella about this. I'd strongly advise to wait for her to produce the build with my updated scripts.

This is why you need a GitHub repo

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
I've spoken to Annabella about this. I'd strongly advise to wait for her to produce the build with my updated scripts.

This is why you need a GitHub repo

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Sorry, forgot to PM ya a bit ago, I just fished the file out of the older script, I'll test the newer one once o get home from work, I confirmed the built bzimage I got earlier works, I'm running it now.

Thanks for everything CHBMB!!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, hopefully one of you can help me.

 

I am running Unraid 6.7.2 on a HP Proliant ML310e Gen8, i have installed a ASUS ROG Stryx 1060 6Gb GPU and I am having trouble with passing through to a VM.

 

Various searches of the internet lead me to here, I have replaced the bzimage on my flash drive with the current version on Github.

 

When I start the VM I don't get an error on the screen anymore, however I gat a blank screen and nothing else.

 

If I go into the system logs I get the following:-

 

Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered blocking state
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered disabled state
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: device vnet0 entered promiscuous mode
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered blocking state
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered forwarding state
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 avahi-daemon[2933]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface vnet0.IPv6 with address fe80::fc54:ff:feaf:4392.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 avahi-daemon[2933]: New relevant interface vnet0.IPv6 for mDNS.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 avahi-daemon[2933]: Registering new address record for fe80::fc54:ff:feaf:4392 on vnet0.*.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 kernel: vfio_ecap_init: 0000:05:00.0 hiding ecap 0x19@0x900
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.1: Device is ineligible for IOMMU domain attach due to platform RMRR requirement. Contact your platform vendor.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.1: Device is ineligible for IOMMU domain attach due to platform RMRR requirement. Contact your platform vendor.
Aug 16 21:38:44 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.0: No more image in the PCI ROM
Aug 16 21:38:44 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.0: No more image in the PCI ROM

 

I have only copied the part of the log that mention the GPU, why am I still getting the device is ineligible error?

 

I hope someone can help.

 

Many Thanks in advance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sjb007 said:

Hi, hopefully one of you can help me.

 

I am running Unraid 6.7.2 on a HP Proliant ML310e Gen8, i have installed a ASUS ROG Stryx 1060 6Gb GPU and I am having trouble with passing through to a VM.

 

Various searches of the internet lead me to here, I have replaced the bzimage on my flash drive with the current version on Github.

 

When I start the VM I don't get an error on the screen anymore, however I gat a blank screen and nothing else.

 

If I go into the system logs I get the following:-

 

Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered blocking state
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered disabled state
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: device vnet0 entered promiscuous mode
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered blocking state
Aug 16 21:38:40 sjb007 kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered forwarding state
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 avahi-daemon[2933]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface vnet0.IPv6 with address fe80::fc54:ff:feaf:4392.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 avahi-daemon[2933]: New relevant interface vnet0.IPv6 for mDNS.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 avahi-daemon[2933]: Registering new address record for fe80::fc54:ff:feaf:4392 on vnet0.*.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 kernel: vfio_ecap_init: 0000:05:00.0 hiding ecap 0x19@0x900
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.1: Device is ineligible for IOMMU domain attach due to platform RMRR requirement. Contact your platform vendor.
Aug 16 21:38:42 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.1: Device is ineligible for IOMMU domain attach due to platform RMRR requirement. Contact your platform vendor.
Aug 16 21:38:44 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.0: No more image in the PCI ROM
Aug 16 21:38:44 sjb007 kernel: vfio-pci 0000:05:00.0: No more image in the PCI ROM

 

I have only copied the part of the log that mention the GPU, why am I still getting the device is ineligible error?

 

I hope someone can help.

 

Many Thanks in advance.

 

 

post your full diagnostics

 

tools>diagnostics

 

first guesses are that you either didn't replace the bzimage correctly or you didn't reboot after replacing the bzimage... 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, m0ngr31 said:

Is there anything we can do to help get this working with 6.8.*?

In the short term you could compile it yourself with the RMRR patch - but I'd imagine you will come across whatever the issue is in terms of compatibility.
 

https://github.com/AnnabellaRenee87/Unraid-HP-Proliant-Edition

Edit: I might be able to help with maintaining it?

Edited by aterfax

Share this post


Link to post

We’ve had a few issues in regards to it not compiling starting 2 RC,s ago including but not limited to not having time to work on why it’s not compiling due to being away from home, and wandering into technical areas beyond the scope of our collective knowledge.  This combined with the problems the nvidia is currently having building caused the RMRR patch to fall on the back burner for the moment as they may (or may not) be similar issues and/or be a new second issue that will need to be resolved.
 

with that said, I’m hoping to spend a little more time on this starting next week when I return from traveling. But we are definitely  interested in assistance in getting it compiled so it can be available again!

Edited by 1812

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, 1812 said:

We’ve had a few issues in regards to it not compiling starting 2 RC,s ago including but not limited to not having time to work on why it’s not compiling due to being away from home, and wandering into technical areas beyond the scope of our collective knowledge.  This combined with the problems the nvidia is currently having building caused the RMRR patch to fall on the back burner for the moment as they may (or may not) be similar issues and/or be a new second issue that will need to be resolved.
 

with that said, I’m hoping to spend a little more time on this starting next week when I return from traveling.

Personally I have to try to integrate the nvidia patch, rmrr patch and dockerswarm patching so I understand where you are coming from.

Don't worry about delays, the effort is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post

So is the image already compiled I been trying get mine to work for 2 weeks now I discovered this thread copied the new bzimage files to replace the old ones rebooted not getting the error message vm starts but I keep getting error code 43 I've dumped my v bios because my gpu is in primary slot edited it like space invader video says I'm still seeing that rmma error in logs tho but heres the weird thing also I have two monitors and unraid boots on the onboard gpu but when I start a vm the unraid on my second monitor freezes like I cant type anything but soon as I shut vm down I can type again like and when I boot into windows shows Microsoft basic adapter on the monitor hook to card with passthrough idk I need help going crazy lol

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Tswitcher29 said:

So is the image already compiled I been trying get mine to work for 2 weeks now I discovered this thread copied the new bzimage files to replace the old ones rebooted not getting the error message vm starts but I keep getting error code 43 I've dumped my v bios because my gpu is in primary slot edited it like space invader video says I'm still seeing that rmma error in logs tho but heres the weird thing also I have two monitors and unraid boots on the onboard gpu but when I start a vm the unraid on my second monitor freezes like I cant type anything but soon as I shut vm down I can type again like and when I boot into windows shows Microsoft basic adapter on the monitor hook to card with passthrough idk I need help going crazy lol

 

a lack of punctuation does not help your situation either.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Kinda rude not everyone has perfect grammar and i suck at it I'm sorry for that idk what's so hard to understand about what I said instead of making fun of my grammar how about you ask me questions to better understand what you need to help me 

Screenshot_20200123-073208_Chrome.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20200123-0733.zip

Edited by Tswitcher29

Share this post


Link to post

  

8 minutes ago, Tswitcher29 said:

Kinda rude not everyone has perfect grammar and i suck at it I'm sorry for that idk what's so hard to understand about what I said instead of making fun of my grammar how about you ask me questions to better understand what you need to help me 

Your poor grammar makes it very difficult to read. Try using bullet points, commas and paragraphs to separate your different points.

Post diagnostics - what space invader video? Pastebin the error 43 stuff.

Do you mean this error 43?

https://mathiashueber.com/fighting-error-43-nvidia-gpu-virtual-machine/

Share this post


Link to post

I posted diagnostics and screenshot of logs. I am still getting service is ineligible for iommu domain attach due to rmmr in the logs. But the vm is booting with the gpu passthrough just says Microsoft basic display adapter in windows I try to install drivers it shows up then but with code 43. 

 

I've dumped bios and edited bios and tried a bunch of stuff I cant get drivers to install 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Tswitcher29 said:

I posted diagnostics and screenshot of logs. I am still getting service is ineligible for iommu domain attach due to rmmr in the logs. But the vm is booting with the gpu passthrough just says Microsoft basic display adapter in windows I try to install drivers it shows up then but with code 43. 

 

I've dumped bios and edited bios and tried a bunch of stuff I cant get drivers to install 

IOMMU RMRR warning is probably a red herring.

I suspect you need to follow / attempt to avoid error 43 with the link I sent above:  https://mathiashueber.com/fighting-error-43-nvidia-gpu-virtual-machine/

Specifically -
KVM hidden via Libvirt xml - you will need to edit your VM in xml mode. (Top right toggle in the VM editor.)

Another user fixed it here:

You should probably search the forums first?

Edited by aterfax

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.