Cannot Rebuild Data

Hi,

I recently had a hard drive show errors and become disabled during a parity check. that drive was on a sata card with a marvell chipset that is buggy. i believe the hard drive is good bc smart doesn't show any errors and this has happened before where a drive showed errors on this marvell chipset sata card. I decided to buy a LSI LSI00301 (9207-8i) HBA Card. I just installed it and it read all my drives fine. But when i tried to rebuild the data it failed and all drives that were connected to the HBA showed Errors and the array stoppped. I rebooted the server and i believe my data is still there on all the drives but disk 3 which is the one that failed in the first place. i am on Unraid 6.5. Im not sure if i should try the rebuild again or not. I am Afraid of loosing the data thats on the other drives if they show errors again. in order to rebuild i started the array without the disk3 than i stoped the array added disk3 back and rebuilt.

any ideas 

thanks.

dnason-diagnostics-20180708-0104.zip

Edited by Brownboy
14 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You should have grabbed the diags before rebooting, but from what you describe looks more like a controller problem, make sure it's well seated, use a different PCIe slot if available and try again, if it still fails grab the diags before rebooting.

I did Exactly that.. reseated the controller card and tried again.. Rebuilt without issue.. Thankfully no data was lost!

thanks!

I have this exact same scenario happen. the buggy Marvel chipset along with the shutdown and data loss. I did switch the pci-e port and re-seat, but unfortunately, I did lose data.the array and parity rebuilt, when i rebooted, there was data loss.

I remember my ssd cache disk had data on it, but now, after the rebuild, it doesnt recognize the cache drive anymore. the only option it (UnRaid) gives me is to format.

I am wondering if there is anything else for me, or am I in an irrecoverable state.

thanks