Share set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive

CorneliousJD

Having an issue finding related threads about this.

I had Nextcloud writing to cache but realized I didn't really need it to use the cache drive at all since speed isn't an issue as all my files are local on whatever machine I'm connected from, so I set it to NOT use the cache and now every night I get this warning -- I've run mover a number of times but it doesn't actually move the data from the cache to the array. It's been like this for over a week now.

Share nextcloud set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive 

You should turn on the Help to say what the various settings for Cache mean.    Setting it to No will stop mover from transferring any files from the cache to the array.    You need it set to “Yes” and then manually run mover to get the files transferred to the array before setting it to No.    also you do not say how you have Nextcloud configured - it must not be configured to directly write files to the Cache drive.

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You should turn on the Help to say what the various settings for Cache mean.    Setting it to No will stop mover from transferring any files from the cache to the array.    You need it set to “Yes” and then manually run mover to get the files transferred to the array before setting it to No.    also you do not say how you have Nextcloud configured - it must not be configured to directly write files to the Cache drive.

Thanks - this was the ticket - setting it to Yes, and manually running Mover got it to move everything - then setting it to No -- and now it's got no files associated with it on the cache. 

Sorry for not having enough info up front, but you got it anyhow! :) Thanks!

Archived