bondoo0

Hang on reboot, fine on cold boot

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've been having an issue for awhile now that shows up when I do a reboot.  Basically it hangs, originally I thought on the command "Starting rsyslogd daemon:  /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -i /var/run/rsyslogd.pid", but today after letting it sit for about 5 minutes I did see one more line show up.  And that is "dhcpcd already running on pid 1755 (/run/dhcpcd-br0-4.pid)".  If I do a power off it boots fine, it's just on a reboot where the issue comes up.  I can't attach diagnostics, because, although it says it's going multiuser just before this, I can't telnet in, or use any shares since they aren't started.  It's almost like some process is surviving a warm boot, but goes away on a cold boot? 

I'm attaching a screenshot of the "frozen" screen.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screenshot.jpg

Are you on the latest version of Unraid?  I haven't noticed the issue for the last couple of releases (probably 6.5 onward, but for sure in the 6.6 releases) it hasn't been an issue, although I've only had to reboot for OS upgrades so not very often.