Hard Linking troubleshooting steps

Hey, I have a new build and am desperately trying to set up reliable hard linking with radarr & deluge. I've hit a wall, see below

•  Radar and deluge have access to the same share containing both the download folder & the movie folder, eg:

Radarr host path: /media /mnt/user/media/  

Radarr movie root folder:     /media/movies/

Deluge host path: /media : /mnt/user/media/

Deluge move complete downloads: /media/downloads/passthepopcorn/

•  Radarr is set up to hard link the files to the movie root (/media/movies/).

•  In the case of a test file I added to Radarr, "Spider Man 3" the shares folder indicates both the download file and Radarrs supposedly hard linked version both reside on the same disk, in this case the cache drive (see attached screenshots).

This is where I'm stuck;

•  When checking the Inode of the two files, both indicate they are linked twice, but they have different Inodes?!

The downloaded file:

root@server:/mnt/user/media/downloads/passthepopcorn# stat Spider-Man.3.2007.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.D-Z0N3.mkv | grep Inode
Device: 21h/33d    Inode: 10645       Links: 2

Radarrs movie foot file:

root@server:/mnt/user/media/movies/Spider-Man 3 (2007)# stat Spider-Man\ 3\ \(2007\)\ Bluray-1080p.mkv | grep Inode
Device: 21h/33d	Inode: 15657       Links: 2

Can someone shed some light on this please?

As a followup query, if the mover moves the files off the cache drive, will that break the hard links (assuming they worked in the first place)?

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 11.39.01 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 11.38.35 am.png

server-diagnostics-20180711-1158.zip

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, kesm said:

did you manage to get it working?

Not really, I had a few friends look over it and we couldn't work out why the inode is different but links show as "2". These two files should have the same inode if they're hard linked right? Our logic was to delete one of the files and sure enough, the Links value on the remaining file changed to "1" indicating they are linked. The above setup works and mover won't disrupt it, no idea about the inode though.

• 2 weeks later...