6.5.3 - Array health failure messages

My first unRAID array has been running for 3 days but hasn't yet finished the initial data seed from my old NAS (around 9TB that is taking aaaaaages).  The array also hasn't yet finished the initial parity rebuild.

From time to time I get these messages:

unRAID Status: 2018-07-12 00:20
Notice [UNRAID] - array health report [FAIL]
Array has 4 disks (including parity & cache)

Digging slightly into those shows me that sdb is invalid.  This is the single parity disk I have in the array for now.

Will these array health failure messages go away when the parity rebuild has finished?  Obviously I know they'll still happen if something else happens e.g. failure of another disk etc.

I'll be moving the old NAS disks to the unRAID system when the initial seed has finished (4x6TB) although I'm nervous about doing that until I can be sure the health failures above are just re the first parity rebuild that hasn't yet finished.  It is taking a very long time because I'm copying at the same time - says 6 days left, although that time drops to around 11 hours when files aren't copying.

Is this expected behaviour for such a new unRAID system?

For reference, here are the system specs: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/QHBRFt (yes I'm aware it looks like a gaming build - that's what it was before I converted the machine to unRAID).  Ignore the compatibility warnings - they're because I have the 2x500GB M.2 NVMe devices on PCIe expansion cards that aren't in that parts list.

Edited by digitalformula
Add PC Part Picker list
  • digitalformula changed the title to 6.5.3 - Array health failure messages