1800x vs 2700x for 2 Gaming 1 Tower

5 hours ago, Jose Jimenez said:

Looking to upgrade my CPU and wondering if someone here already tested this 2 CPU. The 1800x is going for about $80 Less and was wondering if it is good enough for the 2 gamer 1 tower setup. 

I would say that the 1800X is definitely good enough. The 2700X is slightly more performant, and between it and the X470 motherboards there is a little better memory compatability, but nothing earth shattering.

One thing to remember though is that the 1800X does not come with a cooler, whereas the 2700X does (Wraith spire RGB - perfectly adequate unless you plan to overclock). That brings the price closer, and perhaps makes the 2700X the better option when you consider the performance gain (you won't need it, but for a few dollars more it doesn't hurt).

12 hours ago, david279 said:

Go with the 2700x. Way less bugs out the box and a lot more horsepower. No need to mess with the c states or anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The part "Way less bugs & No need to mess with the c states" Bought me! I mean the 1800x would be the same for gaming IMO but stability over all!

Edited by Jose Jimenez