MyMediaForAlexa docker

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I actually went for the $10/per year option which allows for 2 servers as I have music and audiobooks set up as separate servers (via 2 instances of the docker running on Unraid).   I actually got the MyMediaForAlexa people to add a few features to make running multiple servers more user friendly.   

I'm going to contact them as I've found I can't play my favourite album "Ten" by Pearl Jam, instead it plays the album "Ten" by The Stranglers, which I also enjoy listening to.....

Going to see if they can add "Ask my media to play the album ${ALBUM} by ${ARTIST}"

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

I'm going to contact them as I've found I can't play my favourite album "Ten" by Pearl Jam, instead it plays the album "Ten" by The Stranglers, which I also enjoy listening to.....

Going to see if they can add "Ask my media to play the album ${ALBUM} by ${ARTIST}"

Please do so.    I have been asking for a similar facility for audiobooks (I.e. read book ‘’x’ by ‘y’ as it is not unusual for different authors to have used the same title.   It can be difficult in such a case to get the particular audiobook I want to play.    If in doubt I want the artist/author field to have higher priority than the album/book in such a request.   At the programming level a ‘book’ should be equivalent to an ‘album’ and an ‘artist’ should be equivalent to an ‘author’ so I think they are two different manifestations of the same requirement.

The alternative would be for some way of selecting an artist/author, and then drilling down to the albums/books that are available

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so what voice commands to use, to get mymedia to play through Sonos? I have Sonos set up so it is the preferred speaker so, for example, if I want to play radio in my kitchen I say:

"Alexa, play Radio Paradise in Kitchen", or "Alexa, ask Tune In Radio to play Talk Sport in Kitchen" and Alexa will then direct the sound through my Sonos, rather than through her internal speaker.

If I say "Alexa, ask My Media to play <album name> in Kitchen" then she plays through her internal speaker (which is a first generation Echo dot so sounds like a bee in a  biscuit tin). I've tried other possible combinations but it never works. It's frustrating, and means I can't access my music in several rooms of my house (basically wherever we have Sonos) but only in rooms where I have a decent Echo speaker setup.

Any ideas? Has anyone else got this working?

Since this sounds like a generic issue with MyMediaForAlexa or an issue within Alexa itself and  is not UnRAID specific it might be worth asking the MyMedia support people directly about this.   You could also try the MyMedia forums on their site.  I cannot comment myself as I do not have a system set up in that manner.

if you get a response from MyMedia support it would be of interest to hear what it is :)

Edited by itimpi
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Since this sounds like a generic issue with MyMediaForAlexa or an issue within Alexa itself and  is not UnRAID specific it might be worth asking the MyMedia support people directly about this.   You could also try the MyMedia forums on their site.  I cannot comment myself as I do not have a system set up in that manner.

if you get a response from MyMedia support it would be of interest to hear what it is :)

Thanks, I couldn't find the forum on their site - obviously not looking hard enough - but I'll email them and I'll report back here what I find out.

• 2 years later...

Aloha *.*'s,

I am sorry, but I can't get this off the Ground.

I installed the Container and got the Alexa-Skill. I can access the WebGUI and paired it with my Amazon-Account BUT I can see in the WebGUI that my watchfolder is "queued", and on the Servers page there is no Server. Furthermore in the upper left of the WebGUI I can see my correct Email-Addres, but directly below a "not connected".

What I am doing wrong? Any Ideas?

MyMediaForAlexa.log2022-15-21-011514.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Same as you. Does somebody have a fix?

Thanks in advance

On 9/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, Moppen said:

Aloha *.*'s,

I am sorry, but I can't get this off the Ground.

I installed the Container and got the Alexa-Skill. I can access the WebGUI and paired it with my Amazon-Account BUT I can see in the WebGUI that my watchfolder is "queued", and on the Servers page there is no Server. Furthermore in the upper left of the WebGUI I can see my correct Email-Addres, but directly below a "not connected".

What I am doing wrong? Any Ideas?

MyMediaForAlexa.log2022-15-21-011514.zipUnavailable

Not sure what is going wrong for you, but you should be able to get the server side running irrespective of whether you actually have the Alexa skill installed on a echo device.   In particular you should be able to get the server to show up in the Servers page.

You can try asking on the MyMediaForAlexa site to see if they have any suggestions.   The docker container is exactly the same one that is deployed on other platforms - the only Unraid specific part is the creation of the template that provides the parameters that would otherwise to be provided via a docker run command.

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2022 at 5:00 AM, Moppen said:

Here are the Screenshots. I've only added the PUID, PGID and TZ manually for troubleshooting.

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-09-22T03-46-53.711Z.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-09-22T03-47-18.770Z.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-09-22T03-55-08.791Z.png

It looks as though the docker instance is not connected to your Amazon account :)  Have you tried unpairing to disconnect from your Amazon account and then repairing to link the server to your Amazon account?   This should clear the Not Connected status shown in your screenshot.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 5:51 PM, be4con said:

Last few days the docker keeps stopping, and despite autostart being set it doesn't start on a reboot. I've forced an update, and also updated unraid, but the issue remains.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I've tried everything now, including a full uninstall and deleting the image and my appdata folder, but when I reinstalled the docker I have the same issue. Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m on 6.12.2 with no problems.

However, as no-one else has come up with any suggestions, it may be worth trying to roll back to 6.11.x if it is easy for you to do, if only to show whether or not the problem is specific to the 6.12 release.

However from your original description I think you suggested that the problems were occurring even before you updated to 6.12, in which case there would be little point rolling back.

I know how frustrated I would be if it was failing for no apparent reason on my system.

The only other thing I could suggest is maybe try setting it up with a small library with only a few items in it, in case it is something in the media library causing it to fail (although I cannot really see how this could cause the whole docker to fail), if only to rule this out as the cause.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I am also running into the the issue as @Moppen

Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error)

during pairing.

Any idea why this is happening? 
UI says "not connected" and folders are stuck on "queued" :/

EDIT: completely unlinking the skill from the alexa app and relinking fixed this problem :)
EDIT 2: apparently everything that this tool can do, Plex can do as well
Unfortunately both announce what they are going to play "Ok, playing xxx by yyyyy from the album zzzzz
Which is not really an option for me

Edited by Maertuerer
  • 3 months later...

I added the sample media and one folder with music to help my kids sleep. The watched folder never got past queued. Installed Alexa on my phone, yuck. Got the skill, linked to my account. Would not work on my phone. Found out it will not work on echo dot's if kids mode is enabled. Checked out dev's forum and the last post I could find from them was in 2018. With forum users asking if the project is dead and no response. I question why this is doing so well on Unraid's app store.