MyMediaForAlexa docker

On 1/22/2024 at 11:43 AM, ACiDiAC said:

Can someone help me out, I am trying to setup MyMedia in the docker. I have port forwarded the two ports needed but cannot connect. Logs are below. Thanks in advance.

MyMediaForAlexa.log2024-26-22-052641.zip 38.48 kB · 1 download

Not quite sure what you are saying is not connecting?

Some questions:

• Have you successfully installed the MyMedia for Alexa skill into Alexa?
  • Can you get the MyMediaForAlexa docker GUI pages up? 
  • Have you used the GUI pages to connect the docker to your Amazon account?
  • Have you paid for a licence?
  • Is the docker correctly configured to point to where your audio files are stored?
  • Does the docker container GUI say it has successfully indexed files?
  •  
5 hours ago, itimpi said:

Not quite sure what you are saying is not connecting?

Some questions:

• Have you successfully installed the MyMedia for Alexa skill into Alexa?
  • Can you get the MyMediaForAlexa docker GUI pages up? 
  • Have you used the GUI pages to connect the docker to your Amazon account?
  • Have you paid for a licence?
  • Is the docker correctly configured to point to where your audio files are stored?
  • Does the docker container GUI say it has successfully indexed files?
  •  

Yes on the Alexa skill

yes the GUI pages come up

It is linked to my Amazon account

I have paid for a license

Yes it is pointing to my audio files

No I cannot get it to index anything since it says not connected in the upper left hand corner of the dashboard.

5 minutes ago, ACiDiAC said:

No I cannot get it to index anything since it says not connected in the upper left hand corner of the dashboard.

This should mean that you have not successfully linked the docker container to your Amazon account, but your earlier answer indicates you have connected so there is some contradiction.

For those having issues with the upper left "not connected' problem, it is probably the settings for media path when you set up the app.   I have been playing around with it and the connection only works with the attached screenshot.  My problem is how do you get it off queued after you set up a watch foldermymediaforalexasettings.thumb.jpg.0e4021aa5ae7a2d61db3b738daac2a31.jpg 

8 hours ago, jkwaterman said:

For those having issues with the upper left "not connected' problem, it is probably the settings for media path when you set up the app.   I have been playing around with it and the connection only works with the attached screenshot.  My problem is how do you get it off queued after you set up a watch foldermymediaforalexasettings.thumb.jpg.0e4021aa5ae7a2d61db3b738daac2a31.jpg 

Mapping the media path to /mnt/user seems more than is needed in most cases as it allows the whole of your Unraid system to be scanned for audio files which is likely to take longer than a more targeted scan and spin up all array disks while doing so.   I personally run two instances of this docker container - one with it mapped to /mnt/user/Music and the other mapped to /mnt/user/AudioBooks so that each instance only scans the subset of media that I want it to handle. This also only ever spins up the one array disk that contains both these shares.