Changing the unRAID GUI login background?

I'm hoping to change it from it's green galaxy with the unRAID logo to a custom 'aperture laboratories' or 'black mesa' background so during the few seconds of boot that occur once a year my fedora and the crippling fear of living in my mothers basement for the rest of my life can be justified.

If it's not just an image file is anyone familiar with a good system or workflow to enable its change?

You mean something like this:

20180713_171052_HDR.thumb.jpg.7aa38d25e9cca18557938bef8ef525e5.jpg

Copy the file to your flash drive (named something like background.jpg)

Add the following to you go file (config folder on the flash drive) before the emhttp line

cp /boot/background.jpg /usr/share/slim/themes/default/background.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Squid, sorry but I have been unsuccessful so far.

Here's a photo of my login screen for the boot gui:

IMG_9008.thumb.jpg.1828b17611b24561524312e47db8606f.jpg

And here's a photo of the modified code:

487414945_ScreenShot2018-07-14at4_22_44PM.thumb.png.9268c4b498ca90229bf6e9e54fcf28ec.png

And here's a photo of the image I'm trying to replace

background.thumb.png.a2e29b91e43657968e63e8470c223589.png

And here's a photo of where that photo is located

1784198607_ScreenShot2018-07-14at4_23_33PM.thumb.png.695bc2ce0d628dc070ab8c2b221b7a8a.png

ANYTHING you can tell me would help. AND if you thought I was talking about something else could clarify what that other thing was?

Banana

• 1 year later...

@Squid, Good Day, and thank you for all you do. I have tried this, to no avail. I ensured to have background.jpg, on my flash. I also made sure to put the line you specified above the emhttp line in the go file. 

I am using Version: 6.8.0-rc6

I tried it with as you posted - cp /boot/background.jpg /usr/share/slim/themes/default/background.jpg

Then looked for that folder and I couldn't find /slim/themes/default, I did find, -  /usr/share/themes/default/background.jpg

I tried that too to no avail. Do you have any, suggestions? Thanking you in advance. 

• 5 months later...

It works as a .png in 6.9

20200505_083835.thumb.jpg.0e4c9dd98e8504851533252982c5b5cf.jpg

cp /boot/background.png /usr/share/slim/themes/default/background.png

Add to within your go file

You cannot change the Login screen however for the webUI.  This is for the login screen / background when using the GUI boot mode

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, lokize said:

nice topic, when the server restarted the image is gone for me, any way to change this?

On 5/5/2020 at 6:42 AM, Squid said:

Add to within your go file

/config/go on the flash

On 5/5/2020 at 6:42 AM, Squid said:

cp /boot/background.png /usr/share/slim/themes/default/background.png

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Dear Squid,

Thanks for your inumerous contributions to the comunity, your work is really important to everyone, me included.

I once tried tonask this same question in the Forum but i gess no one understood the intention and i could not get an answer.

My fourth unraid box is a very old core2quad desktop with a proprietary motherboard that does not support vt-d.

So, i cannot passtrough any gpu. So that got me thinking of an alternative for that specific case... computers without vt-d, so i could have a VM on the display.

I know i can allways sign in boot-gui and navigate to the vm page and open a novnc connection but... What if i change the "boot-gui" welcome page to go directly to guacamole login page???? The goal is to make the VM avaliable without the need to login to the server gui itself (imagine i let someone use this machine to go to windows).

I know i would need to instal the gpu driver.

That way, changing the "boot-gui" welcome page, i could sign in directly to the guacamole page or even make a direct sign in to the vm, and i could get the benefits of using rdp instead of novnc.... 

Is that possible? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...