Using Mining Rig Motherboard to VDI

I have another technical question,

If i use a motherboard with rizer cards with cables like above... The cards will be recognized with Nvidia Windows Driver on VM ( passtrought ) ??

I dont have experience with this type of risers adapters... Because on mother board the pcie is not complete size, but on adapter has the size completed....

Resultado de imagem para Intel i7 CPU Mining Motherboard

Adapters:

Foto 1 - Adaptador Pci-e 1x Para Pci-e 16x C/ Energia - Gpu Riser Adapter - Mintcell - Ver006c

Edited by rebit
1 hour ago, rebit said:

Hi, im thinking into to buy a motherboard with a lot of PCIe slots to expand GPU Cards to dedicate to VMS with Unraid...

Anyone have experience with this motherboars ? What do you think, will work to Passtrough GPUs ?

colorfuls-new-mining-motherboard-pcie-x16-slots_07

Interesting Idea though?

Though, it does not seem to have the typical desktop RAM slots!

It appears to have a single laptop RAM slot!! So perhaps you might be memory limited when it comes to say running 8 VMs

Hi, yes, this is some a board example, has a lot of other models on the market today.

This board has slot ( notebook memory slot )... But this model has poor CPU processor built-in (celeron dualcore), is not a option, is useless for Virtualizaton.. But...
( im trying to find another model with a good processor built-in, but i dont believe this will exists , ex. i7).

So the best option is to use motherboard with the Riser adapters (second photo)...

I just need to know if anyone here already tried this setup ( with GPU riser adapters ), i know its not a common setup and not cheap...

So, if the GPUs will be access by passtrought ( IMMO) with the riser adapters... Its like a external GPU adapters for notebooks.

Edited by rebit

Note that the hardware optimized for mining mostly need power to all the GPU. But hardly any communication - each graphics card is used as a stand-alone processing unit that just needs enough bandwidth to get the work request and send back the result.

You need one or more fat CPU to handle all your VM.

And you need a high bandwidth between processor and GPU - there is a reason why graphics cards are placed in the slots with most bandwidth in the system.

At the very least, you want 4 lanes to each graphics card, but preferably 8 lanes.

If you have specific VM that don't need any real bandwidth to dedicated graphics cards, then the question is if they need any dedicated graphics cards at all - if you should just run with a virtual graphics card and stream the image over the network to your client machine.

• 2 weeks later...