[SOLVED] Unable to remove partition in WebUI

Hi all,

I'm in the process of encrypting all my drives, but I've become stuck.

Following SpaceInvaderOne's video, I get as far as removing the drive assignments and re-assigning the drives.
I left the one disk I want to reformat unassigned, and it shows in the unassigned devices list so far so good.
Where I'm stuck is that the step to remove the partition is is not available to me, in the video, there is a red X to delete the partition - I can't see this.

Any help here would be great!

I'm using unRaid 6.5.3

The video -- 8min 3sec

You need to enable destructive mode on the UD plugin, but you don't need to remove the partition, before starting the array and with the disk assigned just click on the disk and change the filesystem to the new encrypted one, you'll have the option to format the disk on first array start.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

You need to enable destructive mode on the UD plugin, but you don't need to remove the partition, before starting the array and with the disk assigned just click on the disk and change the filesystem to the new encrypted one, you'll have the option to format the disk on first array start.

Thank you!

I've got it encrypting now.

One last quick question, will I still have to shift any data from a drive to be encrypted off that drive first before changing the file system encryption from XFS to XFS encrypted?

I'm assuming I should move the data off anyway, but I did wonder if inplace encryption was a thing now.

• 6 months later...
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unable to remove partition in WebUI