unRAID 6.5.3: Upgraded Wifi Router in House and Now Can't Connect to Web GUI

I upgraded my wifi router to an Orbi system tonight and changed my wifi password.  After it was setup and running properly, I checked on the unRAID server and was unable to log into the web GUI.  I am able to pull it up through the linux console and can log in fine.  I ran "diagnostics" and have attached the syslog.  

Any ideas as to why I am unable to log in from Safari or Firefox at http://10.0.1.220/?  It was working without issue prior to changing to the new wifi router.  

Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20180720-2149.zip

Edited by thegreatgumbino

What OS are you using to try to login on?  The reason for this question is that Windows will now assume that you are on a different network because there is a new MAC address on the router.  I understand this will cause recent version of Windows to shift from Work (or Home) network setting to a Public setting.  The Public setting severely limits access rights.  

11 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

What OS are you using to try to login on?  The reason for this question is that Windows will now assume that you are on a different network because there is a new MAC address on the router.  I understand this will cause recent version of Windows to shift from Work (or Home) network setting to a Public setting.  The Public setting severely limits access rights.  

Trying to login on Mac OS High Sierra.  I can try logging in on my wife's Windows machine if needed.

Are you trying from a wired connection or a wireless connection?  

Has the server a fixed IP address or is assigned by DHCP?  If fixed, did you 'tell' the router about this address?   (I am not familiar with the Orbi system but it might be a bit more secure than your old router!)   

Edited by Frank1940
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Are you trying from a wired connection or a wireless connection?  

Has the server a fixed IP address or is assigned by DHCP?  If fixed, did you 'tell' the router about this address?   (I am not familiar with the Orbi system but it might be a bit more secure than your old router!)   

Wireless.  The server has a fixed IP address of 10.0.1.220.  The Orbi is managed from an iOS app, and it sees the server as a wired connection.  Here's a screen shot of what it shows.  I tried connecting via ethernet through the switch as well and no luck either. 

IMG_7212.jpg

48 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Quick Google showed that the default IP address is 192.168.1.0.  You will probably have to reassign the server to that range. (Or change the default IP address range on the Orbi.) 

Found this related thread about resetting the static IP to DHCP.  Sounds like this is what I need to do, correct?

edit /boot/config/network.cfg

nano /boot/config/network.cfg

Change the Use_DHCP line to be "yes".  CTRL-O saves, CTRL-X exits

Then

powerdown -r

Alternatively, you can also powerdown the server, pull the stick and edit the same file on your desktop

image.png

4 hours ago, thegreatgumbino said:

Found this related thread about resetting the static IP to DHCP.  Sounds like this is what I need to do, correct?

edit /boot/config/network.cfg

nano /boot/config/network.cfg

Change the Use_DHCP line to be "no".  CTRL-O saves, CTRL-X exits

Then

powerdown -r

Alright, finally had time to sit down and try this.  It updated the server to DHCP and assigned it to an IP similar to the Orbi.  I can now access the web GUI.  

Thanks for all your help, Frank!