Ryzen 3 2200G / 5 2400G APU (AMD Radeon Vega 8) supported?

Ryzen 3 2200G / 5 2400G APU (AMD Radeon Vega 8) supported?

Hi, I would like to replace my G4560 with a Ryzen CPU, but I do not know if the APU (AMD Radeon Vega 8) will be supported and if it will also be looped through the VM.

Besides, do I need to manually adjust anything on the saps or has the Step 6 bug been fixed?

btw; one more question, can I continue to use the USB stick, or does it need to be reformatted and the iso date loaded and activated?

Many Thanks

On 7/21/2018 at 8:46 PM, Reflexion said:

Ryzen 3 2200G / 5 2400G APU (AMD Radeon Vega 8 ) supported?

In the sense that unRAID will run on the CPU and produce either its console or GUI output via the integrated Vega GPU it is supported. The 2200G has a Vega 8 graphics and the 2400G has Vega 11 graphics.

I do not know if the APU (AMD Radeon Vega 8 ) will be supported and if it will also be looped through the VM.

I believe that it is not currently possible to pass the integrated Vega GPU through to a VM.

Besides, do I need to manually adjust anything on the saps or has the Step 6 bug been fixed?

I'm not sure what you mean by "saps" but if you are asking about whether the C6 state needs to be disabled then yes, and you can use the zenstates utility as explained by Tom:

We ported a simplified version of the zenstates.py utility to C (to avoid including python in bzroot) which may be used to disable Ryzen C6 states (as workaround for Ryzen idle freeze issue).  We have found that sometimes bios option to disable C6 does not exist or does not do the right thing.  If you want to use this utility, we suggest that you edit your 'config/go' file on your USB flash device.  Add this line just before emhttp is invoked:

zenstates --c6-disable

Edited by John_M
Removed unintentional 8) emoticons
  • Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...