Mapping Docker IPs to Local Domain Names? Fixing http://[IP]:[Port] in Gui?

Hello Unraiders,

2 Questions

1) How can I map Docker IP:Port combos to local domains? IE: Unraid/ goes to local address for Unraid GUI.

Gk4q15W.png

2) How do I properly customize the IP address for Dockers?

I have tried manually entering my local addresses and then it would fail to load.

0oHZBxY.png

The main issue is that some Dockers reach a state where anytime I apply a new setting or submit a text field, I am returned to 127.0.0.1:XXXX instead of the actual IP in which the Docker is hosted. I can't seem to find a solution.

For example, LazyLibrarian is the current culprit. This has happened with other Dockers as well though, so I don't believe it's a specific Docker issue.

ypzk3fS.png

4iGThlo.png

I can manually enter the address and get into it. Within the docker:

X7yDY5T.png

192.168.1.XX

I've tried * and my true local IP. Both result in the Docker being unable to launch the GUI.

DkY9LEI.png

Whenever I submit changes:

4iGThlo.png

The WebUI entry is populated by dynamix utilizing the variables you / the maintainer specify in conjunction with the network settings for the container.

IE: [IP] changes to the IP address that the app is running on, and [PORT:2202] changes to the port # that container port 2202 is mapped to (host port).  What are you entering in the WebUI field, as the pic you posted is the default config from LSIO for ubooquity.  Normally, the WebUI entry never needs to change by a user, unless you happen to be reverse proxy'ing the app.

Within the docker, if you are trying to have it communicate to another app, you are always going to specify the server's IP address and port (unless the container you have set up to run on a different IP).  Setting localhost or 0.0.0.0 basically winds up telling the app to communicate with itself

I am indeed using privoxy, via delugevpn.

Apologies for my stupidity on the matter.

In layman's terms, how do I get the Docker page from Unraid launch the correct ip?

Docker page -> http://127.0.0.1:5299/home

192.168.1.XX:5299 changes to 127.0.0.1:5299

manually typing in 192.168.1.XX:5299/home goes to the correct page

Edited by bmilcs

I don't use LL, but just installed it, and it accesses the UI perfectly fine.  Its settings are 0.0.0.0 and 5299

General rule:  You don't change or set IP addresses or ports within the container.  Always leave them at default.  Adjust the IP / ports via the template on the docker side of things (host side only).